• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Adobe Flash Player

WynWins

Nov 24, 2011
I recently had to get a replacement handset on my Mytouch 4g Slide and didn't know that Adobe Flash was removed from the market beforehand so now I've lost it...

Does anyone have the files or know a site I can download them from so I can have Adobe Flash Player again on my phone? I really wish I would've saved everything.

It doesn't seem to be working with my phone. I downloaded and installed the app and when I try to play something that requires flash it still says I don't have a flash player downloaded. The app shows in my list too but if I click it I'm redirected to a web page. I know before when I had it downloaded if I clicked it the app opened to the same page but it was actually inside the app instead of an external page using my phone's browser. Anyone know a way to fix this?

Edit: Ignore that, it's working now. Thanks a bunch!

Upvote 0
When I pull up a Flash video in the BBC's own app

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImJiYy5tb2JpbGUubmV3cy53dyJd

I get the error message:

"Cannot play media. You do not have the correct version of the flash player. Download the correct version"

But when I go to the BBC's website via a web browser like Dolphin I have no trouble at all playing that same Flash video!

All this while I have the latest (and last) version of Flash installed. And it evidently works too.

I.o.w. there is something rotten in the state of Denmark with the Flash code in the BBC's own app! And consequently most probably with the Flash code in many apps! In fact it behaves remarkably like a Trojan would...
But there's nothing wrong on my end!

The BBC either doesn't seem to know or ignores this 'inconvenience' to it's users/readers because it's been like this for a while.

Upvote 0
It was working perfectly fine before in chrome and opera and then just stopped working. Also tried using dolphin but i get the message you need to upgrade to flash player 9 in the blue writing and a link that takes me to the adobe website.

EDIT:

Solved it by downloading flash player from the archived pages - install_flash_player_pre_ics.apk

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones