• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Adobe Lightroom 2.0 for Android brings photo filter preview, new toning tools and more

Adobe has released version 2.0 of Lightroom for Android. The update brings more features that we enjoy on the desktop version. One of the biggest additions is a filter preview that allows you to see how a photo will look with a set of filters and adjustments before snapping the photo, and the resulting photo is not destructed so you can make changes after the fact if you changed your mind. Other new tools including fog and haze adjustment, split-toning for tweaking colors on highlights and shadows, and a point-mode for the curve tool.

Last edited by a moderator:
Updated in April 2013.

I have the usual questions that no one seems to know the answer to:
I have the MXPE Motorola. It has a 21mp camera. The native camera isn't that great so am trying others.
I bought Camera Fv5. I like it, it does what it can. Due to limitations on the Moto and maybe some Nexus phones, it can't use the 21mp, nor can it use manual focus or macro mode. I've also bought ProShot. It will use the 21mp format, but no manual or macro and the PNG format is greyed out. There's a warning on both apps that Google has removed some functions.

I see that Adobe updated the camera in LR. What limitations does it have shooting photos?

I have Photo Editor which does a very nice job with a minimum of fuss. No stickers, emojis, or other junk besides drawing.
The last time I even looked at Photoshop for Android, it had the stickers and cutesy tools. Are they included with LR? (hope not) Will LR save where you tell it to? I have SD card set for media. I never did like LR on Windows. I gave my copy away. I didn't like the way it filed photos.

Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones