• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root advice on rooted stock froyo

cagi

Lurker
Hi to all, I have a unbranded HTC Desire. I'm still on 2.1 which I rooted 3 months ago. I'm wondering on updating to froyo and keep root. I'm not interested in any custom rom's, I like stock one. The only thing I rooted at first is to install my app's on SD instead of internal memory. My device specs are:
Baseband: 32.30.00.28U_4.05.00.11
Sw: 1.15.405.4
HBOOT: 0.75.0000

I need an advice/tutorial/how to's link about upgrading to stock froyo with root access and App2SD capabilities.
Big, big thanks in advance, and I apologies if this is re-asked question, I've done reading suggested topics and still not sure. Maybe it's because of my poor language.

You need a custom to to upgrade, keep root and a2SD+

Teppic74 has a good stock type one. Search this forum.for it

OK, if I do this is there a way to preserve my stuff like installed app's or I need to install them all back again. Is full wipe necessary? Does nandroid backup saves my app and corresponding app data? I also have Titanium backup app if it can help me.
Thanks.

Nandroid is a snapshot to return your phone to exactly how it was when taken. Titanium uis apps and settings. If going from stock 2.2 to another stock 2.2 probably no wipe needed. Try no wipe then wipe of you have issues.

Titanium can restore anyways

He he. You just happened to post while I was on the bus to work.. its travelling to and from work, when I. Post most ;)

Back
Top Bottom