• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help After 4.2.2 Upgrade Email is No Longer Available

RecLambyUK

Lurker
Jan 13, 2015
Hi All,

Been using IMAP & POP email accounts on the native Email app on my Galaxy tab 2 10.1 device for well over a year now and all has been fine. Just before Xmas I updated the tablet to 4.2.2 software version. At that point, my email accounts would no longer send or receive. After spending a while trying to fix the problem I decided to stop wasting time and just do a complete factory reset/wipe and start afresh.

Sure enough, after doing the wipe I am seeing similar problems. If I open the Email app now, nothing happens, just a blank white screen with the Email icon in the top left hand corner. So if I go into Settings -> Add New Account, I cannot select Email. The tablet makes a beep but the item never gets selected and the radio button does not go green. So I appear to have lost the ability (even after a full wipe to factory) to add a new mail account using the native client!

Please can somebody help me fix this as I use this tablet and my email heavily for my business needs!

Many thanks, John

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones