• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Alarm Clock Dock for Captivate

Is there any alarm clock docks with speakers out there that works well with the Captivate and have a universal stand for it? It doesn't matter if it charges the Captivate (though that would be nice).
I'm starting to think I'm going to have to hack an ipod dock/alarm clock to work with my Cappy but that would void the warranty of the dock...

Any ideas?

The Desktop dock has an audio out port on the back. **BUT** it will not work with the 2.1 OS.

You will either have to root the phone and get a cooked ROM on it, or wait for Samsung's official Froyo (2.2) in the next coming weeks/or month. There is no release date slated, so waiting or rooting would be up to you. Here's the link for the dock: Samsung Captivate/ Samsung SGH-I897/ AT&T Captivate Multimedia Station and Desktop cradle, Samsung ECR-D981BEGSTA: Samsung Captivate/ Samsung SGH-I897/ AT&T Captivate cell phone models Multimedia Station with travel charger also synchronizes with you

It's cheaper if you get it from cellularaccessory.com or ebay as opposed to Samsung's website. Hope this helped.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones