• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Alarm clock question (black box instead of white?)

barnsley

Lurker
Feb 8, 2011
Hi, just a quick question. I've had my desire for around a year and used the built in alarm clock with no problems but tonight when i've come to set it the boxes are black instead of white.

By that I mean that the boxes on the left hand side of the alarm screen which have the times in them are black, well when I set it they are. I'm trying to set the alarm for 5:50am tomorrow and every time I set it for that time the box goes black, if I set it for 6am it goes white.

Any idea what this is? I've never noticed it before and I don't want to risk missing my alarm in the morning if it doesn't go off.

Cheers

That reply made me giggle a little bit (i'm very childish).

For some reason though it didn't go off. Fortunately I was awake anyway but the alarms I'd set at 5:50 and 5:55 didn't go off, only the one I'd set for 6:00 went off (I like to have a few set to actually force me to get a move on with getting showered and things).

Any idea why the two night time alarms wouldn't go off but the one daytime one would? I've done a quick google and it seems that a few people have had the same problem with any 'black' times not going off. I don't use any task killer so that can't be stopping it (a cause that I saw on google).

I'm baffled

Upvote 0
That reply made me giggle a little bit (i'm very childish).

For some reason though it didn't go off. Fortunately I was awake anyway but the alarms I'd set at 5:50 and 5:55 didn't go off, only the one I'd set for 6:00 went off (I like to have a few set to actually force me to get a move on with getting showered and things).

Any idea why the two night time alarms wouldn't go off but the one daytime one would? I've done a quick google and it seems that a few people have had the same problem with any 'black' times not going off. I don't use any task killer so that can't be stopping it (a cause that I saw on google).

I'm baffled

I use the stock HTC alarm which is set for 0545 every weekday morning and so far I haven't been late to work. So seems to work fine for me.

BTW it also "black" as opposed to my weekend alarm which is "white" set for 0900.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones