• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Alerts don't play through headphones?

cboshdave

Newbie
My headphones work just fine with music. When I get a text, the music mutes, but the alert does not play through the headphones. This seems odd to me. Is there a setting that I need to change?

Thanks,
Dave
 
Lol same.
Dont think theres a setting mate.
I use the app Speak It when i got headphones in so it reads the txt to me.... think the actual phone still makes the alert though.
Stange thing is though, when i plug my phone into my hifi with a 3-pole headphone jack, the alert comes through the hifi.
Is it only with the stock (4-pole) headphones?
 
Same here. Kinda stupid Samsung did that. When I'm out and I put my S3 in my coat pocket while playing music with my headphone on, I can't hear any notifications. My iphones automatically put all sounds through the headphones.

I guess I can set a task on tasker to play a certain sound when I receive a txt.
 
Lol same.
Dont think theres a setting mate.
I use the app Speak It when i got headphones in so it reads the txt to me.... think the actual phone still makes the alert though.
Stange thing is though, when i plug my phone into my hifi with a 3-pole headphone jack, the alert comes through the hifi.
Is it only with the stock (4-pole) headphones?

Hmm, never considered the fact that different headphones might work. My headphones have a built in mic, so they definitely have more "connections" in the plug. According to the other postings though, it does not look like I am gonna win this one. Oh well. Big oversight on Samsung's part!

Thanks for the reality check!
 
This is just the way the S3 was designed. Why, IDK. My EVO put the ringer and notification sounds through the headphones like you would expect.

The only solution I can suggest as mentioned above, have tasker handle notification and ring. You can dynamically route the sound to whatever audio stream you want.
 
Back
Top Bottom