• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root all versions firmware flashable installer

johnnyl1111

Android Expert
you want to switch to a different firmware for whatever reason but hate to go through the unbrick reroot etc.. process to do so. now you can just flash the firmware.

contains:aboot,kernel and modem
if someone can think of another partition i should add let me know

no need to wipe anything first, just flash it.

edit:contains stock kernel. if your using modified f kernel on stock for removing google books and movies etc.. then flashing one of these kernels will cause morningcall error.
if your using f aboot for loki recovery or kernel this will cause bootloop if you flash a different aboot.

all versions firmware flashable installer
ver c firmware
ver d firmware
ver e firmware
ver f firmware

- I tried to flash your twmms.zip on stock f and borked my stock sms, will this fix it?

- If not any hits on how I can?

i guess i messed up on my updater script because i don't think it's actually flashing the partitions. but it's not reporting an error. so i'm going to mess with it some and repost later.

well i guess i'm having a major brain fart today because i can't seem to get the aroma installer to work. so i just made separate flashables for each firmware for now till i clear my head and figure out the aroma installer script issue.

You just saved my life. I was getting ready to unbrick so I could switch to c firmware so I could get my phone back on cm10 with working gps

I just had this pop up today. I had no idea they were still updating the Motion. *Or the fact that these Motions were simply, not updated*

WrXhU5m.png
9vG4ITN.png
ULdGWPK.png

What does one benefit from upgrading?

If I do upgrade the firmware, will it still be easy to un-brick, in the event something happens? (Ended up deleting a few apps a couple of times that caused MorningCall, I'm just curious if the guide on the main page, will continue to work.)

I just realized, how DO you flash these to the Motion?

In recovery dude, just like any other flashable zip.

@johnny, would it be possible to include the stock /data and /system to make it like a full stock flash, to Unbrick without Unbricking? If so that would be a very helpful tool

Maybe even an option to remove busybox and supersu or super user to make it like a flashable unroot Unbrick tool.

@johnny, would it be possible to include the stock /data and /system to make it like a full stock flash, to Unbrick without Unbricking? If so that would be a very helpful tool

Maybe even an option to remove busybox and supersu or super user to make it like a flashable unroot Unbrick tool.

wanna be careful removing busybox as LG includes a version of it stock. ;)

i could just add partitions to the flashable for mini f or some other stock rom.

And how does one get to this 'recovery'?

The phone is rooted, unless I am missing something, I am unable (or unaware) of how to enter recovery.

Go download this Lte2recovery.apk
[Lte2recovery.apk]Simple File Sharing and Storage.

I'm only reposting this link here for your ease. I highly advise that you go read a little about what you're doing, as not to be rude, but you clearly have no idea.

All things root section- scroll down to recoveries.
LG Motion 4G All Things Root Guide - Android Forums
No I do not have any idea, there is no shame or ill feelings in you saying it.

Thank you for the link. This is actually my first device that I rooted that did not require or ask for me to push any sort of recovery. I assumed it was the 'gold-standard' to have a Recovery prior to rooting or attempting to put a ROM on it. Additionally, I was thrown off by this, which states 'No custom recovery' http://androidforums.com/motion-4g-...uide-howto-root-lg-motion-4g.html#post4899657

No I do not have any idea, there is no shame or ill feelings in you saying it.

Thank you for the link. This is actually my first device that I rooted that did not require or ask for me to push any sort of recovery. I assumed it was the 'gold-standard' to have a Recovery prior to rooting or attempting to put a ROM on it. Additionally, I was thrown off by this, which states 'No custom recovery' http://androidforums.com/motion-4g-...uide-howto-root-lg-motion-4g.html#post4899657

Alright, well welcome to the motion forums then! I also admittedly am new here AND this as well is my first time being on a device with a locked bootloader. Which is ultimately (for people like you and I) where the confusion comes in. So my vague understanding of what's going on is, because of the bootloader being locked, that means developers can't access the 'official' recovery partition. So they have to use a work around that writes recovery to some system partition I believe, so it seems kind of like the recovery software almost runs within the operating system. Which if I understand correctly then a "true" custom recovery operates completely separate from the operating system. So for example if you were to format system in recovery and forget to flash something (which I did :o) and try to reboot system, then you would not be able to hard boot back into recovery. Whereas in a "true" recovery, that problem is eliminated altogether because of the fact that it operates from a different partition.

Back
Top Bottom