• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Analog audio attachment detected

I have but it does no good. Yesterday it was at 60% and now it's down to 12. I had to shut it off in order to preserve what little battery is left. I read that the charger might not be powerful enough and that it's good to switch to 5V 2A. I have no idea how the original charger is rated or how to get a better version. Would that even work or would it blow up the phone?

Upvote 0
5V 2A is the traditional 10W "slow" charger. Basically any wall charger should do that, only a USB-A port (or a broken charger) will be less powerful. So if you have one of your old chargers and a suitable cable (USB A to C) that would work. According to GSMArena the Moto Pure only does 10W charging, so no point paying for anything fancier (though a good charger should also be able to output that if it detects that's what the phone wants).

If that message only appears when the charger is plugged in though that implies that it thinks the charger is not a charger. Which means either the charger, the cable or the phone's USB socket is broken. If you have another cable, try that first.

Reactions: ocnbrze and Rgarner
Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure from what I've read elsewhere that it's the charging port. I tried using the grip end of a flosser and a little bit of dark crud came out of it. Ir's 4% now and I apparently have no choice but to shut off the piece of garbage, maybe forever. Perhaps a clue can be found in this screenshot of the Pure, taken with the obviously superior Play.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231027-123237.png
    Screenshot_20231027-123237.png
    723.3 KB · Views: 41
Upvote 0
Well, something finally worked. I did put the sd card in this raggedy Moto G Play and I can (almost) forget the Impure for now. I just hope I can get it fixed. After all, it still has about 50℅ of its internal storage left (maybe 15 of 32 gb). Maybe that canned air will work, if I can find some. How much does it cost? Where do I get it?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones