• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 11 Update Affecting Charging

chiques

Lurker
Before I updated to Android 11 my USB-C charger built in my car would almost fully charge my phone on my commute to home ~20 min. After the update, it barley inches 1-2%. Seem to just power my phone.

Any way of going back?

The only way to downgrade is to flash a factory image, which will do a factory reset in the process. You may also have to set everything back up from scratch rather than restoring from a cloud backup since backups captured on a newer version can't restore to an older version.

How long have you had A11 on your 4a? Maybe the Adaptive Battery just needs to re-adapt after the update? I've not noticed any charging issues with mine.

The only way to downgrade is to flash a factory image, which will do a factory reset in the process. You may also have to set everything back up from scratch rather than restoring from a cloud backup since backups captured on a newer version can't restore to an older version.

How long have you had A11 on your 4a? Maybe the Adaptive Battery just needs to re-adapt after the update? I've not noticed any charging issues with mine.
Oh, interesting. I didn't think of that.

I've had it for about 5 days

Same issue on my Pixel 3. I've been on Android 11 for at least a month and there's been zero adaption so my phone takes approximately 200% longer to charge than prior to "upgrading" to Android 11.

Back
Top Bottom