• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 4.2 coming to the RAZR M at some point?

gridbug

Did a search in this forum but no hits, if this has already been queried please feel free to redirect!

I know that Android 4.2 isn't actually the Key Lime Pie upgrade, but my Razr M is currently maxed out update-wise at Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean. No complaints here, but are we going to see an eventual update to 4.2 and if not, any ideas why?

Thanks!

I would imagine you guys will be getting 4.1.2 sometime soon. Just arrived on the razr hd and maxx hd, i like it. I think 4.2 might come, but it also depends how far out anrdoid 5.0 key lime pie is. If its far away, could see 4.2, if the release date is a few months away, 4.2 might get skipped.

Tl;dr - IDK :)

This whole android version issue is really insane. My son has a newer HTC phone that is stuck on android version 2 something. Android 5 is being developed. I am on Verizon Razr M 4.1.1 which is about 4 versions behind what is out there. Do higher versions of android get on new phones only and never really get to the relatively new phones that you just purchased? Not having a problem with 4.1.1, but newer versions come out to fix bugs and introduce enhancements - why so slow getting to available phones? Are there just too many new phones being developed and your phone is now obsolete and not able to install newer software? Standards (like Windows monthly updates for everyone) is not part of the android business?

Unfortunately the lack of standards is a big problem. Each carrier wants to put their own tweaks and traps on the phones using their network so that slows it down a lot. I had an LG optimus v on virgin mobile and it never got updated past 2.2 I believe. Never made it to gingerbread version of Android. I had it for about 1 1/2 years.

At least it seems the Motorola phones with Verizon get updated some. At least I hope so.

Back
Top Bottom