• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Android 4.3 Leaked

So I finally got everything sorted. Recovery sticks, LTE persists through a power cycle, root is not eating battery.

On WiFi since about 8am and I have 4 hours of Screen on Time with 47% battery left. Just browsing Tapatalk, gReader, and light YouTubing.

Running Franco's r170 (Android 4.3 only) kernel. Loving this phone all over again!

Android 4.3 may be light on user facing upgrades, but this thing is fast and furious!

Upvote 0
I've seen people go back and forth on it but I've definitely gotten better battery life out of it and it seems a good bit smoother and snappier to me. I guess it depends on what's being done with it but I swapped back for about 6-8 hours last night to try my favorite 4.2.2 go to ROM and I didn't get the same bang out of my battery.

Just my feeling on it of course, but if I'm getting better battery on stock 4.3 than I did on a custom ROM/custom kernel 4.2.2, seems like it could really be a great update. Admittedly the improvements are under-the-hood but they seemed to really add torque and life to my nexus' engine. Faux's 4.3 kernel has helped a small bit as well even though I haven't tweaked his settings much yet, nice to have some color control already.

I'm also getting better reception (even if only slightly and partially placebo) with the .84 radio. The update has been good to me.

I'm extremely impressed with my experience with it so far, absolutely LOVE 4.3. Can't wait until the ROM's come pouring in and tweak it that much further. This device has some amazing devs.

Upvote 0
I've seen people go back and forth on it but I've definitely gotten better battery life out of it and it seems a good bit smoother and snappier to me. I guess it depends on what's being done with it but I swapped back for about 6-8 hours last night to try my favorite 4.2.2 go to ROM and I didn't get the same bang out of my battery.

Just my feeling on it of course, but if I'm getting better battery on stock 4.3 than I did on a custom ROM/custom kernel 4.2.2, seems like it could really be a great update. Admittedly the improvements are under-the-hood but they seemed to really add torque and life to my nexus' engine. Faux's 4.3 kernel has helped a small bit as well even though I haven't tweaked his settings much yet, nice to have some color control already.

I'm also getting better reception (even if only slightly and partially placebo) with the .84 radio. The update has been good to me.

I'm extremely impressed with my experience with it so far, absolutely LOVE 4.3. Can't wait until the ROM's come pouring in and tweak it that much further. This device has some amazing devs.

This is correct. 4.3 battery life is so much better. It also performs faster in every other aspects. Skype doesn't crash anymore after update. candy Crush still laggy. But that'll be fixed by update. 4.3 is well worth the upgrade. Also, I like the way when keyboard popups, there's a fade out effect.

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones