• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android 9 Pie - Unfriendly to useful Apps

GJ Teague

Lurker
Apr 11, 2019
I'm more than a little upset that this new update screws with my useful apps. I'll limit my examples to one per post. Number 1: Norton mobile security....call blocking feature. Why in the _____ would Google want to disallow it's users to protect themselves against the barrage of spam, spoofed, and otherwise unwelcome interuptions day in and day out! Norton is the best security company out there and allows me to create a block list which DOES NOT WORK AS OF MY UPDATE TO PIE. Google, please resolve this and all of the other conveniences that we enjoy by way of useful and time saving apps within your mobile OS.

You do know that this is just a forum for android users, and we have no influence with Google. If you think this is a Google problem you should take it up with them. But it may be a Norton problem, and anyway Google are not a responsive company, so I'd suggest you might be better off raising it with Norton anyway.

Reactions: mikedt and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Here's the latest:

Attachments

• 2019_04_12_08.23.44.png
    2019_04_12_08.23.44.png
    663 KB · Views: 58
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones