• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Android Pay issues

conncr

I have been having problems with Android Pay on my XT1254 Turbo with the latest versions of the OS and Android Pay software.

When I use the phone to pay at a terminal, I have to have the app open before I tap. Then I have to enter the security pattern I use to unlock the phone, then tap the phone to the terminal again to complete the transaction. From what I read from the Android Pay promotional materials, my experience is not typical.

I attempted to use Android Pay twice last week. The first was at a gas station. I tried several transactions, each one gave a message at the pump that the transaction was declined - or similar error message. I had used Android Pay successfully at that gas station in the past, so I am not sure what the difference was this time. I went to McDonalds later the same day. After a two taps or so, the app finally registered the transaction, but I had to swipe my security pattern to get the transaction to complete at the terminal.

I wonder if I have some setting that is wrong, of if my particular phone may have issues?

Is anyone else using Android Pay successfully? I would love to know other experiences.

Craig

I use Android pay as well and there are some places that I have to use my pattern and others I don't! I have also ran into errors! Sometimes I think it's the system they are using! I started having issues at subway when they integrated Apple pay with there system! The majority of the time I have to use my pin tho and the app has to be open for mine to work I have a Nexus 6!

Moto X here. The only time I have issues is when I forget to disconnect my Moto 360 watch. Since it keeps the phone unlocked Android Pay doesn't recognize that it's unlocked and wants the PIN so just keeps prompting me to enter it. If I disconnect the watch then it works perfectly; unlock phone, tap, pay, done.

I have had trouble in the past with some registers but it seems to be pretty much fixed/working now. I wouldn't blame your phone though, there are probably still a lot of trouble places out there.

Up until today, I've always opened the app before attempting to pay. Today I tried it with just the screen unlocked, and it went through like a dream. I don't know if that's typical, but it happened!

On the rare occasion in my world that I see the tap icon on the payment terminal, I've had no trouble at all with this app. A million times faster than the new partially-secure chip cards which seem to take an absurd time to finish their task. And no signature. I love that!

Up until today, I've always opened the app before attempting to pay. Today I tried it with just the screen unlocked, and it went through like a dream.
That's exactly how it's supposed to work. No need to open the app, just unlock the phone.

@conncr, do try it after disconnecting your watch, make sure the phone locks. Should be good to go.

I disabled the moto360 watch, went to two different stores, and the Android Pay worked perfectly! I had the phone on, the app was active one time, but not the other. There was no difference, both times the transaction was instant.

Thank you for your help!

Craig

I tried something new today. I used to have the smart lock set to recognize my watch and unlock when the watch was near. I turned that off and tried a purchase today. Android pay worked flawlessly! The best part is the watch was connected the whole time.

The smart lock feature will now not include my watch.

Craig

Back
Top Bottom