• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Android system killing battery

Ventada

I have lost about 50 percent battery.life.in an hout and a half and my Android system is taking up 95 percent of. my battery. I am using setcpu and also playing words with friends. Anyone have any solutions as to.why my battery is being killed so fast. My phone is also rooted

have you tried any kernels yet. every kernel will react differently from phone to phone. so my recommendation is to try a bunch of them and see which one suits you.
here is a guide and explanations on kernels:
[GUIDE]

Don't mess with other kernels yet. Based on what you've said, you have a bigger problem. How did you verify that Android System is using that much battery? Did you use spare parts to see if it's holding wake locks?

What PRI/NV are you on? What ROM?

On myns i noticed on my old phone that android system was killing the battery with the new PRI/NV, rolled those back and it was fine.

Are you using 3g or wifi for your data connection? If you have poor 3g signal that can drain your battery pretty quickly. Try using if u can.

Go to menu->settings->about phone->battery level->battery use->cell standby. What is the % for your time without signal? If that is high, that's a problem. If it's not high, then it's something else.

EDIT: Okay, it's *probably* something else. Weak signal is still a problem, but it's not *that* bad if you still stay connected, at least.

Has your battery life always been bad? If you're seriously never getting a good signal, your phone is going to be constantly searching, and wasting the battery like crazy. Do you get a better signal elsewhere?

Ya I have gotten better signals elsewhere but the two primary locations where I am at the most (school and home) have terrible signals. Always 1 or 2 bars.

You can try roam control to force your phone to roam, and not spend so much time searching for a signal. It should save you some battery life, but watch how much data you use when you do that.

You can try roam control to force your phone to roam, and not spend so much time searching for a signal. It should save you some battery life, but watch how much data you use when you do that.

I have got an unlimited data plan so I dont think it matters how much i use. how do you down control?

This is roam control. Even though you have an unlimited data plan, you probably still have a limit of how much data you can use while roaming.

300mb, sprint can/will either charge or discontinue your service if you go crazy over.

Yup, had this happen to me. Where I used to live I had really poor signal and was always roaming. Sprint sent me a notification that if I continued to go over my roaming data allotment then they were going to discontinue my service.

Back
Top Bottom