• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android tablets with phone capabilities?

A Chinese tablet can do, which named Dropad A9N, I've read a review of the device, but it seems that no one would like to make a phone call while holding the thing

Where did you see the review for this tablet? Is it a comprehensive review?
I am interested to see a review or user who can tell me that they actually have a version of this tablet that have a working GPS.
I sell this tablet too under the brand Gen-E and I know its GPS actually work but every seller out there mentions that it has GPS ......."frown"

Yes, this tablet can make GSM phone call but only in handsfree mode.

Upvote 0
BUMP!!!

the samsung galaxy note is technically a phone with a 5.3" screen. unfortunately, it looks like it will only be released for at&t.

does anyone know why most of the rest of the world can use their tables like a phone, but nothing in the us?

apparently some of these tablets have the hardware to be used as a phone but NONE of the cell providers in the us offer a voice plan for their tablets, wtf is that all about?!?

there's also the asus padphone coming out...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5aAOKJGBjo

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones