• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Another Droid Bionic AnTuTu Benchmark Test

Preach2k

Android Enthusiast
39401d1314141137-bionic-benchmark-test-uploadfromtaptalk1314141149558.jpg

Credit: Engineer from Droid Forums

I hope it didn't take 85% of the battery to run that one benchmark. If it did, we have a problem.

Did you notice something, though? In SD R/W, plus CPU stats the GSII wins, but look at Db and graphics - Bionic shows it to be killing the GSII

You're right - the test in the video just ain't cutting it correctly. Something is not right with that phone / set of tests / something.

Depends - with our OG DROIDs it was not, b/c the facts being bandied about said that the hardware was hardwired to only give Class 2 speeds, regardless of class of card used.

Here's the Galaxy S2's for comparison:

• Memory: 922
  • CPU Integer: 1722
  • CPU Float: 1255
  • 2D Graphics: 149
  • 3D Graphics: 316
  • Database IO: 140
  • SD Write: 127
  • SD Read: 196
  • TOTAL: 4527
Uhhh... wait is that mean Bionic somehow scored higher as total?

that is shocking given how Bionic scored lowered in almost every category. I am a noob with this, so please fill me in if the lower score is supposed to be better or something.

From some head-on comparison videos I've seen recently(SCHMACKDOWN),some,if not all dual-core phones are only using a single core during these benchmark tests.
I'm not an expert by any stretch,but,this would seem to affect the test scores to some degree.
Either phone,I'm certain,would be an excellent choice,regardless of test scores.
Just take a look at the HUAWEI ASCEND(M 860) scores on ANTUTU & you'll see where I'm coming from.

Uhhh... wait is that mean Bionic somehow scored higher as total?

that is shocking given how Bionic scored lowered in almost every category. I am a noob with this, so please fill me in if the lower score is supposed to be better or something.

The 3D graphics and Database IO scores were much higher than in my example.

One glaring problem with this. Unless the Bionic shows % in the battery I'm calling this a fake. It appears to me to be another device running a custom ROM......

What other device could get a benchmark that high?

My OG droid could put benchmarks that high, with a little dose of photoshop. I'm very skeptical of anything that is a picture of a screen. It's just too easy to manipulate.

CK is right. Compare the picture on this thread with this one that Yoda took:

DROID-Bionic-LTE-Test.jpg

Completely different battery and signal image.

I smell bull excrement, and the stench is quite strong.

What other device could get a benchmark that high?

I don't know. I could be totally wrong. If the Bionic does in fact have % in the battery then my statement falls flat. Another curious thing is that there is no LTE symbol. I think they turned on WiFi to cover up the lack of LTE and to hide the 3G/data symbol.

I don't know. I could be totally wrong. If the Bionic does in fact have % in the battery then my statement falls flat. Another curious thing is that there is no LTE symbol. I think they turned on WiFi to cover up the lack of LTE and to hide the 3G/data symbol.

You're not wrong. Look at my post above, dummy. :)

The only question is why would "an engineer from Droid Forums" lie about it? If it was a picture of the actual screen within the phone, it would be one thing. But a screenshot is so easy to fake.

Maybe he's not really an engineer? Saying so doesn't make it so.

I have a question. Does the Bionic need to be rooted or unlocked to get this screen with this Battery Icon on it?

30utsnd.jpg

I have a question. Does the Bionic need to be rooted or unlocked to get this screen with this Battery Icon on it?

I don't think so, I think sweeterhome and a couple of others allow you to completely customize everything without rooting, although I'm not 100% sure.

And granted, the "engineer" might have done something like that, but if you're going to run a benchmark test, you're much better off running it off everything stock, just to avoid the suspicion that we're now having.

I'm guessing that 85% of the rumors floating around the phone tech blogs and forums are complete and utter BS. The supposed roadmaps that have leaked over and over (with false dates such as 8/4, etc.) could be done on any excel sheet by anyone with at least an 8th grade education probably.

Twitter feeds are useless, like that MB865 or whatever his name is, doing the whole stupid T-Minus however-many-seconds-til-August-4.

Screenshots are extremely easy to photoshop.

If this benchmark test is true, the tester should have had the brains to make sure everything was stock and on the up and up, probably should have taken a picture of the whole phone running the test, or better yet, should have video taped it.

I just refuse to take anything at face value anymore. The android forums have all jaded me.

Edit: Actually, i think that sweeterhome only allows you to hide the bar, not actually change it. I'm not sure, but I do think that maybe you might have to root before changing anything in the notification bar.

The only question is why would "an engineer from Droid Forums" lie about it? If it was a picture of the actual screen within the phone, it would be one thing. But a screenshot is so easy to fake.

Maybe he's not really an engineer? Saying so doesn't make it so.

Engineer_900 is his user Name. And yes he is an engineer.. He is a trusted source. He proved who he was by sending proof to some of us thru PM.

Why did he try and decieve everyone with this shot Preach?

If you are talking about the Battery Icon look at the post with the picture above. You can change your battery Icon!! If he is deceiving me it would be the first time but I tend to believe him. Now I have a question for you!! I know that you said that you do not want this phone but you always find yourself in the Bionic forums!!! I know that you have a secret love affair with the Bionic!!! You have been fronting all along!!!:D You can come out of the closet and say it!!! I want the Bionic!!!! Now doesn't that make you feel Better!!! ;)

Back
Top Bottom