• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Any devs here?

NickDroid86

Android Enthusiast
We all talk about the issues with the signed bootloader and not being able to create roms. Is anyone good even working on this? I haven't seem any devs even on here discussing plans. Are we all waiting around for nothing or is it being worked on?

Why would they be talking to us letting us know what they are doing when they could be working on cracking this thing?

Its reassurance. Do many people are turning there x back in because its starting to look like a busy, so many issues.

What did you mean by that?

I think he meant to say bust. but, I think hes sorely confused. People don't usually come to forums unless they have problems. Thats why it looks like so many are having trouble. for every one here having a problem there are thousands who are not and have not come to the forum.

For the OP.

There are many working on this. This is not typically known for being a dev forum. All the dev activity is over at alldroid or XDA.

When I had my eris a lot of the devs interacted with us. But yeah that's what I meant lol. I was swyping and made a typo. I'm debating going to incredible because of the sketchy bootloader.

When I had my eris a lot of the devs interacted with us. But yeah that's what I meant lol. I was swyping and made a typo. I'm debating going to incredible because of the sketchy bootloader.

Just Means you cant load custom roms. If we can manage to root Froyo I will be happy. I really only care about wifi tether and screen capture with root. Have no interest in overclocking or crazy custom roms.

I have been trying different things. I think I may have found a unencrypted signal going in when the efuse verifies. My current theory is to basically put a wall of "correct code" there so it will always self verify. Decripting the bootloader itself doesn't seem to be to difficult. Oh and btw i hate assembly language!!! I'll keep you posted if anything comes of it

I have been trying different things. I think I may have found a unencrypted signal going in when the efuse verifies. My current theory is to basically put a wall of "correct code" there so it will always self verify. Decripting the bootloader itself doesn't seem to be to difficult. Oh and btw i hate assembly language!!! I'll keep you posted if anything comes of it

You have no idea what you are talking about.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

I'm so glad you, with the biggest epeen, told me so. I guess I'll just use your work-around. Now where's the link to that?

Update for people who care: I was unable to put that block in. Next thought....use the efuse's natural purpose. I'm going to try to "hard reset" the efuse to factory default. If I can do this we can then have dynamic real-time programming :). Again long shot, but it's passing the time :P

Back
Top Bottom