• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Any news on root for the Stratosphere?

hmm really? your on the part where your installing the kernel correct? because with that all i did was download Download Heimdall 1.3.1 and then put the folder to my desktop and then threw the root file as well in the same folder and then i turned off my phone and put it in download mode and then connected it to the computer and let it install its drivers by its self, and then after that was done i installed the zagig.exe drivers make sure to choose the 'Gadget Serial, and then install that,, after that the folder thats on your desktop with heimdall and all that junk i shift right click it and choose open command window here and then copy and paste heimdall flash --kernel root-zImage and then i let it do its thing and that was that

im just on the part where it says to put your phone in debug mode and put F:\Downloads\heimdall-suite-1.3.1-win32>adb devices in the command prompt and i get the device not ready and sometimes i get the

there is no disk in the drive please insert a disk into the drive /device/harddisk2/DR2.

if you think the drivers messed up at that point then throw your phone in download mode and then connect it to the computer and go to device manager and find the drivers that look like there part of your phone and uninstall them and reboot computer and then restart the whole installing the kernel again

Reactions: jmar
Upvote 0
hmm really? your on the part where your installing the kernel correct? because with that all i did was download Download Heimdall 1.3.1 and then put the folder to my desktop and then threw the root file as well in the same folder and then i turned off my phone and put it in download mode and then connected it to the computer and let it install its drivers by its self, and then after that was done i installed the zagig.exe drivers make sure to choose the 'Gadget Serial, and then install that,, after that the folder thats on your desktop with heimdall and all that junk i shift right click it and choose open command window here and then copy and paste heimdall flash --kernel root-zImage and then i let it do its thing and that was that

im just on the part where it says to put your phone in debug mode and put F:\Downloads\heimdall-suite-1.3.1-win32>adb devices in the command prompt and i get the device not ready and sometimes i get the

there is no disk in the drive please insert a disk into the drive /device/harddisk2/DR2.

if you think the drivers messed up at that point then throw your phone in download mode and then connect it to the computer and go to device manager and find the drivers that look like there part of your phone and uninstall them and reboot computer and then restart the whole installing the kernel again

I did it backwards. If I get it right, I will report back. If I can help, I will.

jmar

Upvote 0
i only wiped because i used a untested odin pit and tar file as long as you follow knights guide you should be good (i still cant get root doing knights guide i just get a device not ready when i try to push superuser)

i cant stand the bloat on this =( it makes me a sad panda everytime i see the vzn stuff and i really need wi-fi tether

Upvote 0
i only wiped because i used a untested odin pit and tar file as long as you follow knights guide you should be good (i still cant get root doing knights guide i just get a device not ready when i try to push superuser)

i cant stand the bloat on this =( it makes me a sad panda everytime i see the vzn stuff and i really need wi-fi tether

Sorry bout that bro. When I get another chance I will try to help.

jmar

Upvote 0
I was having problems with drivers too. What finally did it for me was after I put my phone in download mode and plugged it in, I first let Vista install the drivers it wished to. There were 2 of them, and it took quite a while. Then I ran the zadig.exe and chose the Samsung Android USB Composite Device driver. I had to do that one 3 times before it took, though. Before I went on I rebooted the phone and computer both, then verified it all still worked. After that, it all went smooth.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones