• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone afraid that June 4th will be anticlimactic?

IMO, i think 4g is gonna flop. Ive been hearing that 4g penetration thru walls is worse than 3g, therefore i probably wont get 4g at work or at home as i barely get a signal at both

Its a flippin phone people..

anyway, the first day will be everyone posting "My battery sucks", "I can't sync to Yahoo Mail", etc..

This made me chuckle and you may be right, but for many of us who are switching to a new OS with this phone it will be like a fairy tale if we show patience with learning a new system.

Not to mention more and more people don't just consider it a phone... it's my calendar, my addressbook, my checkbook, and my entertainment (just to name a few).

Maybe that sounds sad, but each new smartphone that comes out with better features to enhance any of those things will never be totally anti-climactic to me.

I dont think so if anything the boards and forums will be quiet...Because everyone will playing with their EVO. I know for a fact I will not be able to sleep on 6/3

IMO, i think 4g is gonna flop. Ive been hearing that 4g penetration thru walls is worse than 3g, therefore i probably wont get 4g at work or at home as i barely get a signal at both

This may be for the case from people farther away from the Wimax tower but still within range. It's not worse than 3G - there are just so many 3G towers (some are literally only 2-3 miles apart) everywhere but they will not approve Wimax installations so quickly.

Wimax towers work best when installed at 2-5 times the height of traditional cell towers, but lots of local codes prevent that.

A Wimax tower and 3G/cell tower from the same location if they were the nearest and only tower would actually likely result in the Wimax tower being much better signal penetration due to the frequency and wavelength Wimax is on. If that was not the case, Wimax or LTE would not be the direction carriers want to go in the future.

Well seeing as my cellphone ownership started with Sprint in 2004 and I've gone from: indestructible nokia brick 1 > indestructible nokia brick 2 > RAZR > 2008 Instinct (current phone)

^^^^There's NO WAY this is going to be anti climatic, bring on the EVO!

This may be for the case from people farther away from the Wimax tower but still within range. It's not worse than 3G - there are just so many 3G towers (some are literally only 2-3 miles apart) everywhere but they will not approve Wimax installations so quickly.

Wimax towers work best when installed at 2-5 times the height of traditional cell towers, but lots of local codes prevent that.

A Wimax tower and 3G/cell tower from the same location if they were the nearest and only tower would actually likely result in the Wimax tower being much better signal penetration due to the frequency and wavelength Wimax is on. If that was not the case, Wimax or LTE would not be the direction carriers want to go in the future.

i do hope so. i work close to downtown chicago, and my desk is right next to a huge window. so hopefully 4g will work great.

at the house, i dont care too much.

It should be cool, but while I am definately going to get an EVO, I am going to miss some of the things on my HTC HD2. I downloaded the XDA tethering app, and now will have to wait for someone to get a tethering app on the EVO, and the metal back plate/battery cover really gives a high quality feel to the phone, so hopefully the kickstand makes up for it. Otherwise I am VERY ready to be done with WM, and I 've only had it a couple months.

Not at all! I am coming from the pre and although I love web os I have NEVER been more excited for a device than the evo. it kinda reminds me of when Motorola first launched the star tac haha I got that same feeling! This too is my first android device and wow what a step in the right direction from the G1.

Yea im coming from an iphone 3G, so im kind of worried since its a pretty damn good phone. Hopefully I will like android

well seeing as my cellphone ownership started with sprint in 2004 and i've gone from: Indestructible nokia brick 1 > indestructible nokia brick 2 > razr > 2008 instinct (current phone)

^^^^there's no way this is going to be anti climatic, bring on the evo!

l...m...a...o!

Back
Top Bottom