• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone else still on 2.1?

The update may have broke YOUR MP3 functionality.

It did nothing to mine, works flawlessly.
If you read around, I'm not the only one. You're not having any issues with the music player telling you that a file is "not a supported file type"?

I haven't gotten the error in two days. The only thing I've been doing differently is stopping the music before I pull out the headphones. I'm looking for a fix for this, any input would be great. I already submitted a ticket to Moto and VZW.

Just to clarify, aside from my MP3 issue, I am having no problems with the update.

I have an app installed called Good Morning. I had previously set it as an alarm at 7 am, but had turned it off. The update somehow turned it back on, and for two mornings in a row the phone spoke to me! LOL!! After the second time this morning, I remembered that app, checked it, and sure enough it was set to tell me the date and time. It is now turned off again.

I thought that was kinda funny.

But so far I have not seen my notification led come on, even though I've had emails and text messages. Looking around, I don't see anywhere where that was turned either on or off, but anyone know specifically where I should look? It used to at least flash some of the time!

If you read around, I'm not the only one. You're not having any issues with the music player telling you that a file is "not a supported file type"?

I haven't gotten the error in two days. The only thing I've been doing differently is stopping the music before I pull out the headphones. I'm looking for a fix for this, any input would be great. I already submitted a ticket to Moto and VZW.

Just to clarify, aside from my MP3 issue, I am having no problems with the update.
Nope. Headphones in, out, no MP3 file not supported, etc. However, I will say that everything I have is 320 MP3 files with embedded artwork. In fact, the MP3 player seems to work better than previously. Old one had a bug that it wouldn't display the album artwork until a song was played, then it would show the album artwork on the folder view. The new one does it automatically.
Flip left, right, upside down, etc, no problem with lagginess or hangups.

I'm loving the Froyo update. Hope you get your issues sorted out.

Does anyone know if the android Slingplayer app is compatible with 2.2??

I've been reading smatterings of reports saying it isn't. But it's hard to tell because so few people have it up and running on their Droid X.

Nope. Headphones in, out, no MP3 file not supported, etc. However, I will say that everything I have is 320 MP3 files with embedded artwork. In fact, the MP3 player seems to work better than previously. Old one had a bug that it wouldn't display the album artwork until a song was played, then it would show the album artwork on the folder view. The new one does it automatically.
Flip left, right, upside down, etc, no problem with lagginess or hangups.

I'm loving the Froyo update. Hope you get your issues sorted out.
Wiped my cache and seems to have fixed it. :) Feeling much better about the update.

I don't use my phone as my MP3 player, but I decided to try it out today to see if I shared your problem. It turns out MP3 playback is perfectly fine on my phone. I used an MP3 downloader in the market to try it out, and the 4 songs I tried worked flawlessly. In fact, I really like how the music controls are on the lock screen...kinda reminds me of my Eris.

I don't use my phone as my MP3 player, but I decided to try it out today to see if I shared your problem. It turns out MP3 playback is perfectly fine on my phone. I used an MP3 downloader in the market to try it out, and the 4 songs I tried worked flawlessly. In fact, I really like how the music controls are on the lock screen...kinda reminds me of my Eris.
It would at first but if I tried to use it again hours later it would break. I did a cache wipe and it looks like it fixed the problem though.

I'm doing fine so far. Haven't really noticed any significant improvements in anything since the update, but maybe my phone was working well before? I still notice a slight lag with the lockscreen, but it's no big thang. Oh, and notification led is iffy at best. If it takes a factory reset to fix it, think i'll just deal with it for now. Not interested in redoing my phone just yet, but you never know - may have another long evening at the race track soon and be looking for something to do between races!! LOL!!

I'm still on 2.1. I wasn't prompted to download anything. And when I went to force a download, it told me no updates were available.

From the looks of things, it looks like I'm lucky I haven't been upgraded to froyo.

I have not received the update. I'm still on 2.1. But I just checked for updates, and update 2.3.15 is available. But I don't want to download it, until every thing is fixed... What do you guys think?

I don't mean to be rude, but this is one of the most ******ed things I've ever read on these forums.

First of all, the whole point of the update was to fix things that were wrong with 2.1.

Secondly, I'f you're waiting for them to "fix" everything, you'll never be happy.
These phones, and every smart phone like it, have issues - however minor or severe.

If you think that this phone will ever be perfect, you need to get out of the smartphone market and get a simple, no-frills phone.

Back
Top Bottom