• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Anyone have trouble calling/texting other area codes after root?

I rooted my phone a few weeks ago and everything went well, I am using the LeeDroid ROM which I love. However, I have a friend with a Jersey area code cell phone, and I cannot text or call him. I tried 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx as well as just xxx-xxx-xxxx and neither work. Even more weird is that when he texts or calls me, it goes through, and I can text him back just fine, but after about an hour if I try to text him it will give me an invalid recipient error message.

The only thing we can come up with is that we both have rooted phones and perhaps that is an issue? I can call and text people with Chicago area codes just fine, it seems to be only this one number that doesn't work.

Any ideas?

The error message is this:

Code:
+1121611611: Error Invalid Number. Please re-send using a valid 10 digit mobile number or valid short code.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones