• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Anyone having GPS issues?

mAm22

Lurker
Jan 26, 2012
As of this morning the GPS capability on my Motorola Droid (A855) ceased to function. Having searched around I found a thread that noted several people experienced loss of ability to find/fix satellites back in Aug 2011. Nothing new installed on phone recently, just suddenly can't find satellites as of this morning. I use Endomondo software for jogging and as I headed out this a.m. it could not find satellites to track my jog. I've tried all the tricks, disable/re-enable GPS, power down phone, pull battery, run several apps (GPS Test, GPS Injector, etc) to try to "fix". No luck. I would like to know if there is, by some slim chance, a true issue with Droids/GPS/Verizon being experienced by anyone else at the present before I head to VZW for "support".

Thanks.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones