• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help anyone having issues with market or have apk?

munsterrr

Nov 19, 2009
I tried Fresh, Damage, Cyanogen, and now have Baked Snack. Full wipes all times with amonra recovery(even went out of my way to wipe everything). 3g, 4g, or wifi. Every rom has this same issue.

Version 2.2
Baseband 2.15.00.07.28
Kernel 2.6.32.15HeroMod
Build 3.26.651.6 cl218634
Software Baked Snack 1.4
PRI 1.34
PRL 60670

i will go to download any app and usually IF IT WANTS TO it will take about a minute before anything actually happens and if it starts downloading, it will hang at installing then i have to stop the download/install and restart it again to get it to work. Updates or fresh installs, doesnt matter. You can see how when there alot of updates it can get annoying.

Does anyone have a market.apk that i can try because there is not logic behind this happening that i can see(maybe missing something).

THANKS FOR ANY HELP AHEAD OF TIME.

I have that happen from time to time and just write it off as one of those things.

I have the stock rooted rom.

I'm not sure that with my odexed rom it would make sense for me to try to pull the app - besides, I don't have anywhere to post it if I did.

But I only have this on occasion. Sorry this isn't too helpful, just trying to provide a data point for reference until a compadre with a custom rom rings in on this for you.

Reactions: munsterrr
Upvote 0
I don't know what to think.
I had somewhat the same issue with an app. This is my story.
I found that app on the market that I wanted. I paid for it and google sent me an email confirmation. Soon after the app started downloading and then suddenly stopped. Just froze. I canceled the download, then re-started it, the same thing happened. Since it was already paid for I email the developer of the app informing him of the issue, and he emailed me back and said that he knew about the issue and that its caused by my 3G connection and that I should retry using WI-FI, so I did, and the very same thing happened only this time, in it shows the app of purchased (which means that it should be somewhere on my phone) but its not. So I email the developer again, this time sending him screen shots of what I'm seeing. He emails me back and tells me that since I already purchased the app I can always download it again. "WHICH HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH ME ISSUE" I already knew that, I just want what I paid for.
Long story short, AFTER 5 DAYS OF THIS THE APP IS STILL NOT INSTALLED, AND I HAVE NOT GOTTEN A REFUND.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones