• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone use this vent mount?

I do like the holding bracket with everything exposed (camera, speaker, etc). If it is a vent mount though, it is kind of pointless to have the camera exposed though... I am assuming they have a windshield mount with the same holding case?

I use something very similar. I use the factory motorola car mount "phone holder" attached to a Garmin GPS vent clip that looks the same. The ball joint from the Moto holder attaches perfectly to the garmin mount. Occasionally, the clips slip out of the vent but never actually fall to the floor or anything....also it certainly depends on the vents in your car. On the plus side, running the AC helps keep the phone cool if the screen is on and GPS is running.

I've seen that one. It seems that with the sponge sides it interferes a little with some controls. Thanks

I have the same one but from Wal-mart and those side things don't interfere with the side buttons, since you can slide them up or down.

I used this style of mount for my XM radio.
Got it to work ok but there are many draw backs to it.
1) Getting the mount into the vent. This is not easy and I broke the fins that direct the air.
2) You will get no air from that vent. The air flow is stopped by the device.
3) For me the vents were also close to other controls that I want to have access to but it was blocked by the radio+mount.
4) Getting the mount out. This was even harder to do that getting the mount into the vent. More opportunity to break the fins in the vent :(

Bottom line for me was that I had this for about a month before deciding it was not optimal. I used a glue mount that came with the XM radio and that worked great. For my droid I use the suction mount on the wind screen.

Yeah this looks pretty decent. I like that the camera is exposed. I wonder if they'd just sell me the mount part. I'm using the official Moto car mount mated to an old vent clip that I already had. Works great & keeps the Droid cool.

I have the same one but from Wal-mart and those side things don't interfere with the side buttons, since you can slide them up or down.

Exactly. Plus I used an x-acto knife to cut little slots in the foam to clear the buttons, just in case.

Back
Top Bottom