• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone using Chrome on the Note 2

I'm using Chrome and I feel that its better than the stock browser. I also feel that its smoother. But that's just my personal opinion. I like the way the tabs are setup as well.

I use Firefox on PC, but like the Chrome browser best on my Note 2. I used the stock browser for a dew days to get some grounds for comparison, then used Firefox for a few, and have been using Chrome for over a week and a half now. I like the UI the most, and it just feels the most polished. It WAS afterall, made by the same company whom made the OS.

I am giving Chrome a try on this device also.
Is there a way to assign a button or gesture to make "page up"/"page down" capability - I know Dolphin has something like this - but is it possible using Chrome?
I have tried some gestures without any success so far.
Maybe someone else has figured it out....
Thanks.

I've been using Chrome since day 2 - it works great and I, too, like it better than the stock browser.

I'm using Dolphin very smooth .

I tried Chrome and didn't like the scrolling and I was having trouble with the double tap to zoom

I love chrome browser but one big problem for me is it doesn't have full screen mode like stock browser. With the note screen size and a full screen browser it just looks amazing and i love that. Now i feel its a must for any browser even though i never used it on any other screen

I am using Chrome and love it, logged on with my Google account and all my favorites and bookmarks from my desktop are there already. And with the app "chrome to phone" you can send web pages, phone number, text, and maps from your pc to your phone. I always find myself looking something up on my phone, after i just looked it up on the pc for directions and what not.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...29nbGUuYW5kcm9pZC5hcHBzLmNocm9tZXRvcGhvbmUiXQ..

You should no longer need this app if you use chrome on your computer. Sign into chrome on your computer with the same account as you do on your phone. Tabs will sync automatically.

I'm not sure that Chrome works yet with Multi-Window. The only thing that upsets me with Chrome is that the 'x' to close windows is in the upper left. I'd much rather have it in the upper right area ... the phone does have settings that are sensitive to the right hand if you want them set that way!

Is there an Android browser that supports Flash yet?

I am using it, but the more I use it, the more limitations I'm finding.

What I like the most is it syncing bookmarks. Since I use it the most
at work and home, I can see all my bookmarks and folders.

I don't like that flash is not supported. Dolphin used to be my backup, but they stopped supporting also.

I'm not sure that Chrome works yet with Multi-Window. The only thing that upsets me with Chrome is that the 'x' to close windows is in the upper left. I'd much rather have it in the upper right area ... the phone does have settings that are sensitive to the right hand if you want them set that way!

Chrome works with multi window. The x is on the left for u? Whenever I go to view multiple browser windows on Chrome, the x's are on the top right for closing.

Chrome here also, but Firefox also installed for those "flash" pages.

Took a couple of days to set it up properly, but love the double tap to zoom and the font settings slider in accessibility eases the strain on my poor eyes!

I like the navigation of Chrome more than any other browser, and the speed is great. Dolphin is faster and allows you to save articles to Pocket straight from the link instead of having to load the page first like Chrome does, but the tab management and bookmark syncing can't be beat. Also, it seems like Dolphin uses more battery.

I use Firefox for Flash viewing.

Several browsers support flash.
If you go to adobe website and download fash, it will work on the stock browser. Dolphin supports it natively, and several others.

Read this thread, 1st post. It was a very simple process.
http://androidforums.com/samsung-ga...ayer-galaxy-note-2-download-direct-adobe.html

I'm new to android. Who makes the default Internet browser? Why would an android not come preloaded with chrome as the default browser?

I'm using Firefox, but it wont show embedded Youtube vids on a website that i frequent, it sounds like it should, but it doesn't. The stock browser does. If Chrome doesn't have Flash, I dont see how it would either. I just cant seem to get everything I want in a browser, very frustrating!

Edit-Downloaded the update for flash, but didn't install it, that fixed the problem!

In my My work I require a browser with full screen " non mobile" mode,

Seems most Android regulars go for Dolphin Browser, but i found the requirement to learn a new set of gestures for navigation annoying.

Tried Chrome but I could not get a true fullscreen browser experience.

So far my current favorite browser on Note 2 is
xScope Pro

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=sui.mRelease&hl=en

Supports java and flash and now I feel I have a real tool in my hands with xScope Pro

Several browsers support flash.
If you go to adobe website and download fash, it will work on the stock browser. Dolphin supports it natively, and several others.

Read this thread, 1st post. It was a very simple process.
http://androidforums.com/samsung-ga...ayer-galaxy-note-2-download-direct-adobe.html

Dolphin no longer supports flash natively. If you try activating flash through the settings, it automatically girls you a warning that flash will make dolphin crash. For that reason, I'm gonna switch to fire to something else

I tried chrome but like people already said, no flash........ but interestingly enough even with stock AND dolphin I STILL cant play my facebook flash games on those browsers either, they always crash.... kinda sucks. :(

Just realized that Chrome x to close windows is on the left for landscape mode. so weird that they do that

Back
Top Bottom