• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone using Chrome on the Note 2

To get Flash on Dolphin Browser Beta:

Using an ICS device, and it's Dolphin Browser Beta, make sure your settings for Flash is enabled. Then in Settings do a backup (from within Dolphin).

Now copy that file to your Note 2 and in Dolphin Beta, do a restore.

Voila, you got the best browser possible with every feature for Android on the market. :)

Dolphin Browser Beta:
Full screen.
Desktop Mode.
Flash.
Pinch to Zoom.
Pretty much everything.
Oh and it's super fast!

Using an ICS device, and it's Dolphin Browser Beta, make sure your settings for Flash is enabled. Then in Settings do a backup (from within Dolphin).

Voila, you got the best browser possible with every feature for Android on the market. :)

Dolphin Browser Beta:
Full screen.
Desktop Mode.
Flash.
Pinch to Zoom.
Pretty much everything.
Oh and it's super fast!

Is it still possible to download dolphin browser beta? Didn't see it in the market anymore.

Been using Boat browser after Dolphin decided to lock flash and I really like it. Simple, fast and not a resource hog.

Dolphin Browser Beta:
Full screen.
Desktop Mode.
Flash.
Pinch to Zoom.
Pretty much everything.
Oh and it's super fast!

Even with Beta, I still get the pop-up notification saying that Flash has been disabled because it will crash the browser.

I just decided to keep Firefox, which works, and use that for anything I need that's flash oriented.

Even with Beta, I still get the pop-up notification saying that Flash has been disabled because it will crash the browser.

I just decided to keep Firefox, which works, and use that for anything I need that's flash oriented.

If you followed my directions and did a restore from ICS Dolphin Beta Backup, then that notification wouldn't come on and you'd have working Flash support.

If you followed my directions and did a restore from ICS Dolphin Beta Backup, then that notification wouldn't come on and you'd have working Flash support.

On your directions, it says "Make sure your settings for flash is enabled", so how do you enable it without actually enabling through Dolphin?

On your directions, it says "Make sure your settings for flash is enabled", so how do you enable it without actually enabling through Dolphin?

You need a device running ICS with Dolphin Browser installed. In ICS there isn't the Flash restriction. For me, I used my old S2 with Dolphin Browser Beta installed, went into settings and enabled Flash. Then I did a backup in Dolphin. In file manager, I took the backup file and copied it over to my Note 2. Then in my Dolphin Browser Beta in Note 2, I did a "restore" from that backup file with the setting for Flash enabled. And voila. Flash is enabled on the Note 2 in Dolphin Browser Beta.

In my My work I require a browser with full screen " non mobile" mode,

Seems most Android regulars go for Dolphin Browser, but i found the requirement to learn a new set of gestures for navigation annoying.

Tried Chrome but I could not get a true fullscreen browser experience.

So far my current favorite browser on Note 2 is
xScope Pro

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=sui.mRelease&hl=en

Supports java and flash and now I feel I have a real tool in my hands with xScope Pro
When you say non-mobile mode I'm guessing you mean desktop mode.

Stock.png
Chrome.png
BoatMini.png

I guess my browsing is so minimal there's a lot I don't require. I actually like Boat Mini for it's speed and Chrome for syncing.

You need a device running ICS with Dolphin Browser installed. In ICS there isn't the Flash restriction. For me, I used my old S2 with Dolphin Browser Beta installed, went into settings and enabled Flash. Then I did a backup in Dolphin. In file manager, I took the backup file and copied it over to my Note 2. Then in my Dolphin Browser Beta in Note 2, I did a "restore" from that backup file with the setting for Flash enabled. And voila. Flash is enabled on the Note 2 in Dolphin Browser Beta.

I see what you're saying now. I'd just have to take backup files from my Photon. Just not sure I saved it. Thanks for clarifying.

I see what you're saying now. I'd just have to take backup files from my Photon. Just not sure I saved it. Thanks for clarifying.

I'm waiting for your next post to say found it cause I cant imagine you not saving something. Was your Photon rooted? Titanium back up?

I'm waiting for your next post to say found it cause I cant imagine you not saving something. Was your Photon rooted? Titanium back up?

Nahh...was part of the beta test for the last update, but I had backup files for ICS root, believe it or not, cuz I was preparing to do that until it was found out that there was no way to unlock the bootloader, for those that took the official update.

Once Motorola tossed the Photon to the side and I heard about the Note 2, I basically looked through all my backup folders for the stuff that was photon specific and pretty much deleted. I had backups in 3 locations (1 at work and 2 at home), but just can't remember if I saved 1 or deleted all 3 that would've had the backup for this.

You can add Chrome (and other apps) to MultiWindow without having to root. You have to uninstall any installed versions of Chrome before you can install the MultiWindow version. And you have to check "Unknown Sources" in Settings/Security.

The MultiWindow versions of the apps are about 2/3 of the way down this webpage:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2024399

The apps automatically show up in the MultiWindow pane as soon as you install them.

AndChat
Chrome
NBN Game Time
Netflix
Twitter
WhatsApp
WoW Armory

You can add Chrome (and other apps) to MultiWindow. You have to uninstall any installed versions of Chrome before you can install the MultiWindow version. And you have to check "Unknown Sources" in Settings/Security.

The MultiWindow versions of the apps are about 2/3 of the way down this webpage:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2024399

Interesting. By the time I added Chrome, it already automatically showed up in the multi-window pane.

But, that said, love the idea of adding more apps without root...pretty cool.

Back
Top Bottom