• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root AOSenseP2beta--Updated 10/26/12--mini-update

Hi HaydenM & Other Devs!!

Thanks a lot for such a nice package. Everything is running fine on my design. Initially the option to switch to GSM was missing but i fixed it using an app.

Just have one request.. if it can be done. Is there a way to get the old sense clock app & FM radio working in this rom?? I really need the world clock for work and liked the sense one.

Thanks again!!

Upvote 0
The rom is somewhat a nice idea like the visuals.I never seen 4g on it.it was kinda sluggish.but nice.the mobile hotspot Aldo didnt work.

The 4g is activated by the included widget. It can be confirmed working on the info screen on quadrant. I'll see is I can find the settings for tethering

Upvote 0
i dont know if im the only one ,but netflix does not work for me as well as wifi tether although it worked when i first flashed this rom before this link.I've been using it for a few days now and liek it alot i cant tell if 4g is on but i know when it is ,since i tested in areas with coverage,and it works.I didnt like the fact that it still had 1x seeing 2fast's fuzion rom excluded it to an extent.overall i love the fully themed ics and the rom is smooth without useless bloatware.keepe up the good work.

P.S. i flashed back to fuzionzz for now until those things get fixed seeing as i use those alot i might try reflashing it and see what happens then:)

Upvote 0
i dont know if im the only one ,but netflix does not work for me as well as wifi tether although it worked when i first flashed this rom before this link.I've been using it for a few days now and liek it alot i cant tell if 4g is on but i know when it is ,since i tested in areas with coverage,and it works.I didnt like the fact that it still had 1x seeing 2fast's fuzion rom excluded it to an extent.overall i love the fully themed ics and the rom is smooth without useless bloatware.keepe up the good work.

P.S. i flashed back to fuzionzz for now until those things get fixed seeing as i use those alot i might try reflashing it and see what happens then:)

Try clearing data

Upvote 0
This looks to be a good rom. But if Sprint users can not update profile or prl (which is a must), then I will not be able to use it..

That is the third time you posted that....it is a known issue and you can flash to stock to update your data.

The only thing that would effect 4g performance would be the oc kernel which under volts it bit I have no decline either way. Netflix has problems in the latest release.

I have init. d working and should be in the next update

Upvote 0
Here is the link for the file you need on your device to fix your mms. Push it using adb.

telephony.db-wal - 474.91 KB

Copy it to the root drive of your computer ( usually the c drive)

open a command prompt window then

cd c:\
adb push telephony.db-wal /data/data/com.android.telephony.providers/databases/

then reboot to recovery
wipe cache
wipe dalvik
fix permissions
reboot

Upvote 0
Here is the link for the file you need on your device to fix your mms. Push it using adb.

Copy it to the root drive of your computer ( usually the c drive)

open a command prompt window then

cd c:\
adb push telephony.db-wal /data/data/com.android.telephony.providers/databases/

then reboot to recovery
wipe cache
wipe dalvik
fix permissions
reboot

probably obvious but if i dont push this to the phone, will you update the rom with this fix?

Upvote 0
That is the third time you posted that....it is a known issue and you can flash to stock to update your data.

The only thing that would effect 4g performance would be the oc kernel which under volts it bit I have no decline either way. Netflix has problems in the latest release.

I have init. d working and should be in the next update

What I'm looking for has nothing to do with 4g.. With sprint you say factory reset your phone, or add in a new rom, like this.. You have to update prl file to make sure it is current for new and existing towers.. Profile you do this as well with a new phone, or if you have had work done on it recenlty. This makes sure your phone has the information as to what service you have.. Every phone is different. This is why I wish HTC did not make the same phone for three carriers..

Upvote 0
What I'm looking for has nothing to do with 4g.. With sprint you say factory reset your phone, or add in a new rom, like this.. You have to update prl file to make sure it is current for new and existing towers.. Profile you do this as well with a new phone, or if you have had work done on it recenlty. This makes sure your phone has the information as to what service you have.. Every phone is different. This is why I wish HTC did not make the same phone for three carriers..

+1

the slight differences each carrier imposes is the reason it's soooo hard for the devs to make something useful to us all.

Upvote 0
+1

the slight differences each carrier imposes is the reason it's soooo hard for the devs to make something useful to us all.

Actually it takes a little bit of work and some know how on how Sense handles apns and also knowing what each phone firmware has difderently. On IcedSpeed 2fast figured out what he began working on during the first test release of xfuzzion with multi carrier installs. This was perfected on the second release of IcedSpeed and taken to a new level on xfuzzion final release. If you took a boost, a sprint, and a us cell phone running xfuzzion you will notice that all three have carrier specific differences although they used the same file to install the firmware on their devices. Us cell would have no 4g settings or branding anywhere, boost should have the boost settings features as well sprint the ability to change their prls. Many companies put out the same phone over multiple carriers I just bought a sgs3 and its more than 3 carrier specific. The challenges are there but it is far from being impossible to do so. Anyone who used IcedSpeed or xfuzzion will tell you they had mms working straight from install, among other carrier specific features. Had xfuzzion Been developed after the sprint ota I think the sprint carrier specific menu in settings would have also been added as well. A Hero S user on the mentioned Rom does not have the boost phone activation menu in settings. I guess you would need to see all three phones installing the same Rom and seeing the differences to appreciate what I am referring to. Impossible NO!!!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones