• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root aospX 1.0.0-MR1 - ICS 4.0.4, AOSP

I thought as much... wasn't sure though, as it's an Inpire 4G, whereas the DHD is not a 4G phone!

ral - let me know what you think... should I add this one to the sticky?

I probably won't be able to try it till Friday or Saturday. If it works, it should make a nice addition to the sticky.

My main interest in this ROM is to try the headset buttons, which apparently works with existz's kernel. I want to see if all three buttons are fully functional.

If you are looking for a "vanilla" Android ROM, than this might be the one for you. It is probably the closest thing to a Galaxy Nexus ROM. The small 122 MB download include Google Apps.

Still, it includes everything you would want. Wake from volume key is available by default. It includes controls for clock speeds and governors. It supports init.d scripts!

Only had it on for a few minutes, but so far so good.

It does run on the older 2.6 kernel, than the 3.x kernel of most iCS ROM's.

Okay. I am a Sense guy, but I am sold on this one. No delayed wake/wake lock issues. No delayed sleep when screen off issues. Headset buttons fully functional. Google Chrome works well with this ROM.

Forget about the fact it runs on an older kernel. Forget about Jelly Bean. MR1 is the AOSP equivalent ARHD 6.3.3. It seems bug free.

D-U-R-X. This ROM was built for you. Forget about Jelly Bean. Do not even install Nova.

existz is an Android god. All hail existz.

Sent from my HTC Nexus 4.3

i will certainly give it a flash as well.

good still left in you,there is... join us ral! the rebellion can use you :p

I am really liking this ROM. Will keep it until Blackout ICS 3.2.0 comes out, and than, maybe we will talk about joining the rebellion.

I am really impressed so far. Still to soon to make final conclusions, but everything is working well.

I noticed that I could probably tweak some of the voltages and smartassV2 settings a bit too. Still looking for issues. So far so good.

For those with deep sleep issues, look at the attached screenshot of how aospX manages power.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-10-20-22-17-24.png
    Screenshot_2012-10-20-22-17-24.png
    127.3 KB · Views: 139
Using this at the moment. It's great. No frills, just pure ics. Battery and the wake issue I had with previous jb roms have gone.

Only thing I don't like is I used to show off to my mates that I had jb on this phone. Lol don't get me wrong, ics is great, but knowing you have the latest Android os is the icing on the cake. But that's just me being silly and pedantic! Again, this is a great rom.

one thing i've noticed that doesn't work is the auto focus/focus on the camera.

Perhaps that will come with an update? Can you set focus to infinate? That way everything would be in focus.

To be honest though, that wouldn't be too much a problem for me... could live with it myself!

Perhaps that will come with an update? Can you set focus to infinate? That way everything would be in focus.

To be honest though, that wouldn't be too much a problem for me... could live with it myself!

Nevermind, it works! Just me being stupid! It was already set to infinity, so just switched it to auto and it works fine.

Cant fault the battery. Started today with this ROM at 80% playing about with the phone quite a bit, installing apps, sorting widgets/homescreens etc, and over 8 hours later it's at 44%.

oicaw2.png

I shall be given this a go tomorrow ral!!!
Will be downloading this n the new ic sambo 8.8!!! Will be flashing this first tho......best thing I ever did with my dhd was ROOT it ha....(",)

All going good so far, but trying to edit the /etci/nit.d/01sysctl causes boot failure :confused: :(

In any event it works well with the default smartassV2 settings, which is the default governor for this ROM.

After a quarter day testing another ROM, I am back :D

This is the first time I have restored a AOSP/AOKP ROM :eek: :confused: :eek:

I shall be given this a go tomorrow ral!!!
Will be downloading this n the new ic sambo 8.8!!! Will be flashing this first tho......best thing I ever did with my dhd was ROOT it ha....(",)

Interesting to find out you input after trying the two.

This sounds like a promising Rom, may give it a flash this afternoon .:D

This is the first ROM that might (and that is a big might) convince me to go with vanilla Android over Sense.

Back
Top Bottom