• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root aospX 1.0.0-MR1 - ICS 4.0.4, AOSP

So far I have not encountered the text corruption glitch which occurs occasionally on AOKP ROM's. Using the stock launcher though. Was using Nova on Ice Cold and JellyTime.

(yes scotty85, I intentionally ignored your post :p)

But this is what I will recommend to the new guys from now on. First time rooters are best off with 100% fully working ROM. At this point this is a lot more interesting than ARHD or Virtuous Affinity (99% fully working)

Hey everyone Im new here and hav just rooted and have flashed this rom. Very happy eith it.....but i cant seem to get the wifi hotspot or tether working?? Does it not work or am i doin something wrong. My laptop can see my phone but once i try to connect it will not. Any suggestions?? Thanks in advance.

Hey everyone Im new here and hav just rooted and have flashed this rom. Very happy eith it.....but i cant seem to get the wifi hotspot or tether working?? Does it not work or am i doin something wrong. My laptop can see my phone but once i try to connect it will not. Any suggestions?? Thanks in advance.

I've done it just now, and have sent this post with my phone as wifi hotspot.

Took a little while to identify with the network, then lost connection, then connected and is fine for me.

Sounds silly i know, but have you made sure you typed your network password correctly?

Reactions: ral
I think I had this aaagggess ago, pretty sure it was like stock with not as many extras compared to IColdS.

Will still flash it soon.

Thanks for the quick responces. Thats the thing my laptop sees my android device and when i press connect it tries to connect but then fails....it doesnt ask me for password. I have this problem on ice cold aswel...when i had cm7.2 it worked fine for me. Any ideas...thanks..

I think I had this aaagggess ago, pretty sure it was like stock with not as many extras compared to IColdS.

Will still flash it soon.

Yes, it is still like stock Android with a extras but it is not Cyanogenmod based so do not expect the full set of CM features.

Still it covers enough I think. Wake on volume button, long press back button to kill apps, change the number of home screens, change cpu frequencies and governors, are all available in settings.

Thanks for the quick responces. Thats the thing my laptop sees my android device and when i press connect it tries to connect but then fails....it doesnt ask me for password. I have this problem on ice cold aswel...when i had cm7.2 it worked fine for me. Any ideas...thanks..

I wish I could help you out on this one, but my carrier does not allow the user of hot spot and tether. Omar should be able to help you out.

I've done it just now, and have sent this post with my phone as wifi hotspot.

Took a little while to identify with the network, then lost connection, then connected and is fine for me.

Sounds silly i know, but have you made sure you typed your network password correctly?

Thanks. Hope you can help Kaiser sort things out.

Battery life of this ROM is as good as any I have tried. Got to 19 hours, and while that was a few hours on deep sleep and most of it on a Sunday so not much by way of calls or SMS, that was with an impressive 3:34 of on screen time.

Proof attached :D

At the same time a decided to scottify my phones look, which I am guessing will reduce my phones standby time.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-10-22-13-37-20.png
    Screenshot_2012-10-22-13-37-20.png
    168.4 KB · Views: 83
  • Screenshot_2012-10-22-13-37-33.png
    Screenshot_2012-10-22-13-37-33.png
    198.7 KB · Views: 91
  • Screenshot_2012-10-22-13-44-59.png
    Screenshot_2012-10-22-13-44-59.png
    274.2 KB · Views: 107
ooooh thatd purdy :D

i took my inspire with me every where i went this weekend,and had no issues with jellytime. got home later than i wanted to yesterday,so maybe today i will have time to give this one a shot :smokingsomb:

Reactions: ral
ral, as a relative newcomer to all this, to all intents and purposes, now youve got 'our' wallpaper back on your screen :-D, and the same minimalistic text app, the phone looks identical to before.

what differences would you say there are in the looks and workings of this rom to IcoldS?

im up for trying it, but if i didnt notice any difference, it seems a bit of a waste, as im liking ICS a lot :-)

It's how it runs. Radio works well, battery life is top class, it's fast... Oh and it appears to be 100% bug free. Headset buttons work. No occasional garbled text.

Ice Cold feels bloated compared to this. You gotta try it. 122 MB with gapps on board :cool:

Instead of having an open network, try having a password like i did, it might work that way instead. On the your phone go to Tethering and portable hotspot>Configure wifi hotspot. On the Security tab, choose wpa2 psk, and then set your password to whatever you wish.

Hopefully that works.

Just put this on to replace Jellytime after some initial issues, really loving it so far, only one issue sky go app keeps crashing instantly on load up, anyone got any ideas except to uninstall/reinstall which didn't seem to work?

Just put this on to replace Jellytime after some initial issues, really loving it so far, only one issue sky go app keeps crashing instantly on load up, anyone got any ideas except to uninstall/reinstall which didn't seem to work?

Sky go work on rooted devices?

ive flashed it too, so will see how i get on with it. initial feelings are ill go back to IColdS as there doesnt seem so many options on this rom.
cant get battery display options or a small analogue clock widget.....

ive more or less got it looking the same so will give it a day or so trial.

as for skygo, last time i heard you couldnt use it with rooted phones, although that was 6 months or so when i heard that, things may have changed.

EDIT: nearly forgot, had some garbled text in titanium a few minutes ago, first time ive seen that in any rom. hopefully a one-off.

Managed to make a voltage tweak for aospX 1.0.0-MR-1 :0

• Adjust the vdd level of the 269 MHz from 925 vdd to 900 vdd.
  • Adjust the vdd level of the 346 MHz from 950 vdd to 925 vdd.
  • Adjust the vdd level of the 1037 MHz from 1075 vdd to 1050 vdd.
I also have a Return to Stock zip.

The files are on this link.

Ah I'm brand new to these parts as you can tell by my posts.

That is a real shame and I may have to do some looking around, really rely on skygo at times :*(

I am fairly experienced to these parts, and I did not know that either.

what differences would you say there are in the looks and workings of this rom to IcoldS?

Almost forgot, test the Chrome Browser. It works great on a Stock Galaxy Nexus and a rooted Galaxy Tab on CM9.1.

On every ROM I have had on my DHD I use the stock browser because Chrome runs a bit buggy. Compare Chrome on aospX and Ice Cold or JellyTime.

Back
Top Bottom