• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root aospX 1.0.0-MR1 - ICS 4.0.4, AOSP

Sorry, updated my post as you posted.

By the way, what happens if you:

Go to Settings > Location Services > Enable GPS Satellites?

Sorry, updated my post as you posted.

By the way, what happens if you:

Go to Settings > Location Services > Enable GPS Satellites?

Same as the toggle it displays as on, but doesn't actually turn on it seems. All the devices seem to be able to tell it is on, ie endomondo says locating and gps test says on, but doesn't turn on unfortunately.

Try downloading GPS Status (I think it's called) and seeing if you can get a fix with that - actually shows how many satellites are in view/fixed

I have a GPS issue with my phone on custom ROM's. It seems not to like the gps.conf file that comes with custom ROM's. I have manually changed mine and that sorted the issue for me... I know there's a thread on it somewhere - will post back in a sec :)

As promised, here is the text that should be in the gps.conf file (located in /system/etc).

NTP_SERVER=uk.pool.ntp.org
NTP_SERVER=0.uk.pool.ntp.org
NTP_SERVER=1.uk.pool.ntp.org
NTP_SERVER=2.uk.pool.ntp.org
NTP_SERVER=3.uk.pool.ntp.org
NTP_SERVER=0.europe.pool.ntp.org
NTP_SERVER=1.europe.pool.ntp.org
NTP_SERVER=2.europe.pool.ntp.org
NTP_SERVER=3.europe.pool.ntp.org

XTRA_SERVER_1=http://xtra1.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin
XTRA_SERVER_2=http://xtra2.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin
XTRA_SERVER_3=http://xtra3.gpsonextra.net/xtra.bin

DEBUG_LEVEL =0

INTERMEDIATE_POS=0

ACCURACY_THRES=0

REPORT_POSITION_USE_SUPL_REFLOC=1

ENABLE_WIPER=1

SUPL_HOST=supl.google.com
SUPL_PORT=7276
SUPL_NO_SECURE_PORT=3425
SUPL_SECURE_PORT=7275
SUPL_TLS_HOST=FQDN
SUPL_TLS_CERT=/etc/SuplRootCert

C2K_HOST=c2k.pde.com
C2K_PORT=1234

CURRENT_CARRIER=common
DEFAULT_AGPS_ENABLE=TRUE
DEFAULT_SSL_ENABLE=FALSE

DEFAULT_USER_PLANE=TRUE

When I have edited the gps.conf file, it saves the old one as gpsconf.bak (or whatever). I use root explorer to make the changes... you have to go to the location and mount as R/W (else you can't make the changes).

The above is only for UK members... I have tried to find the thread on XDA that I originally got this info from, so I could link it for members from other countries, but have not been able (so far) to find the thread I got it from (bear with me though... I will look again)!

The above is quoted from this thread - http://androidforums.com/desire-hd-all-things-root/626295-gps-navigation-problems.html, where you will find another solution that may work for you :)

Reactions: ral
Right... found the thread I was referring to on XDA... HERE is a link to it... you will be able to get a better understanding of what I have been talking about (gps.conf files, etc.) from there :D

Given that a go but still doesn't want to turn on! Doing my head in, may try a full back up and reinstall to see if that helps.

Have you checked the other thread out... there is a different solution mentioned (don't know if it will work for you though)

Have you checked the other thread out... there is a different solution mentioned (don't know if it will work for you though)

I think I have a different problem though, in that my GPS is turned on, but I get no icon saying it is on when maps/endomondo open, so therefore it never gets a lock on, which the gps conf won't fix at all would it?

I think I have a different problem though, in that my GPS is turned on, but I get no icon saying it is on when maps/endomondo open, so therefore it never gets a lock on, which the gps conf won't fix at all would it?

Not sure. With a previous ROM, I had a GPS icon active, but could not get a lock. Editing gps.conf fixed that issue.

In your case it seems like the GPS radio is not turning on at all.

OK just had a thought, was it because my phone didn't have a lock on that the target icon didn't display or as soon as gps is required it should show up? Have I been too hasty in assuming it isn't working?

OK just had a thought, was it because my phone didn't have a lock on that the target icon didn't display or as soon as gps is required it should show up? Have I been too hasty in assuming it isn't working?

What it is usually like is, if you switch on gps, the target will only appear in the notification bar if an app needs to use gps. When it does appear, the target symbol will flash

1hv8ci.png

And when it finds a satellite lock on it'll stop flashing

f01zr.png

OK well very similar to the previous satellite looking icon on my previous ROM. So it appears my gps isn't turning on. mmm what to try now, should I give another ROM a go?

Might as well. Something you have used in the past or something nice and stable.

Ah, issue is I have only rooted in the last week and my first attempt was r21 JB and then this, which I'm loving except for the GPS issue. Any suggestions?

Right update, have put JT R23 on and the GPS is working. Bit of a pain as I was loving this version, but will persist with JT and see how I get on. Thanks for all your help and patience with me.

Reactions: ral
Another update, have gone to BR7 release and the GPS works on this one fine too, so really don't know what is up! Going to give this a go and get involved on xda to see if someone can help with the fix as I am really enjoying this rom and its layout.

Thanks Omar. Solid job.

... Hhhmmm, what's BR7?

Back on Sense, with Blackout ICS Incredible 3.1.1. Writing new scripts and testing them.

I WILL BE BACK! :D

There is an issue with gps on this rom now. not as bad as solid's but, been on a few runs with endomondo tracking them, and it's telling me i was running thru peoples gardens and stuff lol, and the mileage it's saying i was doing was way below what i was actually doing.

Still gonna keep it tho!

Back
Top Bottom