• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root APN gone after flashing CM7

Anderan

Lurker
Oct 5, 2012
Earlier today what I was using the internet, it suddenly stopped working. There were no error messages or anything to indicate what went wrong other than that the 3G icon no longer displayed. After some research I've found out that my APN settings randomly vanished. I have no idea what caused it but the APN was named 1 and many of the entrees in the settings were null. After finding the settings for Verizon's APN and configuring them I still can't get it to work. I've gotten the 3G icon to come back up but it disappears shortly afterwords.

Under my phone information it says that my service state is still in service but the Mobile network state is disconnected but I've seen it attempt to connect more than once.

Here are the apn settings I have after manually editing them, if anyone could tell me what I've done wrong I would appreciate it. (copied from the xml file created by APN backup & recovery) Also, if anyone has any idea why this happened and how I can avoid it in the future it would be of great help, though needless to say I'll back up the APN as soon as I get it working.

Code:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' standalone='yes' ?>
<apns count="2">
   <apn name="Verizon" numeric="310004" mcc="310" mnc="004" apn=""  user="*" server="*" password="*" proxy="null" port="null"  mmsproxy="null" mmsport="null" mmsprotocol="null"  mmsc="http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms" type="null" />
  <apn  name="Verizon" numeric="310012" mcc="310" mnc="012" apn="Verizon"  user="********@vzw3g.com" server="null" password="vzw" proxy="null"  port="9203" mmsproxy="" mmsport="" mmsprotocol="null"  mmsc="http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms" type="mms" />
</apns>

*note* the problem persists after restoring a backup I made right after flashing the rom, when the internet still worked. The apn goes back be being named 1 and missing several items.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones