• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help APN Settings ??

Is anyone else having this issue! I am not able to receive or send MMS text messages. This has just happened since beginning of Feb 2014. Never had an issue for previous 19 months. How can I possibly fix this myself can't seem to get into Mobile Networks where the APN setting resides. Thanks for your help in advance. BTW called VM tech support and they are courteous but inept.

Is anyone else having this issue! I am not able to receive or send MMS text messages. This has just happened since beginning of Feb 2014. Never had an issue for previous 19 months. How can I possibly fix this myself can't seem to get into Mobile Networks where the APN setting resides. Thanks for your help in advance. BTW called VM tech support and they are courteous but inept.

Are you on a custom ROM or stock?

Reactions: BRAINZ2013
Upvote 0
If you're running stock, call VM tech support and ask to be elevated to a level 2 supervisor. (The reason most MVNOs are cheaper than the carrier on whose towers they run is that they save money on tech support by farming it out to companies that couldn't support "paper out" on a printer.)

If you're running a custom ROM, contact the ROM developer, but basically you're on your own.

Upvote 0
Thanks TDOW - I can't find anyway to input this information for it to take effect. When I go settings - wireless & networks -mobile networks - I get automatic connections and no other options. Or when I go Wireless and Networks - I get airplane mode, vpn, portable hotspot. When I go to the MMS message I can input that info but there is no way to enter it. Any other ideas Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
I use Textra as my SMS program. I have also used Handcent and GoSMS in the past (I liked both but they took up too much memory on my old LG Optimus V, and I have gotten used to Textra so I am not sure I would go back to Handcent or GoSMS at this point.)

Go into your messaging program (I am assuming you are not using the stock messaging program). When you have your SMS program open, go into settings and find the APN settings there. Enter the settings from above and that should fix it for you.

Upvote 0
Did download Textra, entered all the SMS info, still no luck first, second , third SMS messages all failed. Any other ideas? Thanks for all the input so far. Seems like I need to completely reset phone and lose all info or need to root it?

Factory reset would be the next step

There is an app called helium that you can backup app data with no root.

Upvote 0
Open voice dialer, say 'open apn's' click on it
6upuma3u.jpg

Hit menu, tap new apn
And here ya go
uqurygun.jpg

y7e9uzym.jpg

Hit menu, save
Pa-pow

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones