• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

App folders question

gary93

Hi y'all, I have just got myself a gs2 and so far I'm happy with it. But here's a question. I jump from the evo v 4g (virgin mobile evo 3d), when ever I download something from the app (such as zedge) or the app needs to create a folder, I used to experience that it would create under my external sd card. But on the GS2, it creates under the internal sd card instead of my external. I'm on stock 4.0.4, wonder is there a setting for it. Thanks for any kind of help :)

Hi Gary. I'm not sure exactly what you are looking for. If you go to settings > applications and tap on the app it will give you an option to move it to the sd card. If you're talking about an app automatically making a data storage folder on the sd card, I don't know of a setting for that. I think that would be a setting in the app itself.

Hi Gary. I'm not sure exactly what you are looking for. If you go to settings > applications and tap on the app it will give you an option to move it to the sd card. If you're talking about an app automatically making a data storage folder on the sd card, I don't know of a setting for that. I think that would be a setting in the app itself.

Thanks for the reply. I am asking more like the second one you mention. Like when ever the app needs to create a folder (like zedge, it will create a zedge folder, and will have wallpapers, ringtones etc sub folder inside of it), this folder will be auto create under the internal sd. When I was using my evo 3d, it creates that folder under my external sd card instead of the internal (16gb on this phone) memory.

Back
Top Bottom