• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

App identification..

Anyone recognize this heart notification?
I asked the person & they clearly deleted the app before showing me their apps.

Attachments

• FCF6E025-9711-4D3A-87EC-E883E256A8E2.jpeg
    FCF6E025-9711-4D3A-87EC-E883E256A8E2.jpeg
    19.7 KB · Views: 219
The problem is that there are literally millions of apps, and "hearts" (assuming this even is one, it's not very distinct) are used by a lot of different apps of different types (not all of which are the thing I infer you are worried about). And they tend to be very generic, so lots of them look quite similar, which makes it less likely that anyone will be able to identify the particular app with any confidence.

we get this almost everyday. as suggested by @Hadron , heart shaped icons could be almost anything. it could be fitness, health or well being apps. not all dating apps use a heart icon.

if the app was deleted (or maybe not), you have to either trust the person or not. i'm not one for giving relationship advice, but a good relationship must rely on trust with each other., if there is no trust than maybe its time to move on.

Since this is apparently someone else's phone and from a app they've since removed, just curious as to why you even worry about such things. I'm assuming there's some kind of relevant backstory, please reveal more details.

Maybe Apple's stance on privacy actually had merit......

I mean, if we can't trust anyone because notifications on smartphone....geeze. I am so glad I wasn't raised in smartphone culture.

Imagine....one day in the future, a President decides to go to war over a notification seen in a screenshot from another country's leader's smartphone...

I still prefer the status bar clean, notch or no notch. Status bar clutter is still a huge Android problem (one I end up spending hours to fix by setting many to 'minimized'). Even worse, EVERY notification no matter how insignificant makes sound out of the box. I always hate that. Old Android 2.3 only made noise for calls, SMS, and email out the gate. Also I miss the ticker that used to occupy the status bar. That was convenient.

But no, I meant that no one can see any notification icons when an iPhone is locked. None of these constant questions "what is this icon on my girlfriend/boyfriend's phone' issues on Macrumors.

I don't think that many of them are from when the other person's phone is locked. The commonest one is "someone sent me a screenshot and I see these icons I don't know on it".

Back
Top Bottom