• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Apps re downloading over and over

soapinmouth

Android Enthusiast
Ever since updating to gingerbread I've had an issue where when I would download an app itl start up normally and download, but when i go switch to internet and do some browsing or play a game ect it seems the market fcs in the background and starts the download again and at that point theres 2 downloads of the same app going both using up bandwidth sometimes it even gets up to 3-4 of the same app. The only real way In can get a download working normally is if I keep the screen on on the download page of the app and watch it download all the way which is extremely obnoxious to do for each app.

Anyone else having this problem or know a way to fix it?

That happened to me once. Huh. I didn't think anything of it. BTW, HI SOAP!!!!!!

HI STEVEN!? :D

I'm thinking it might have something to do with liberty I don't remember if I had the problem on stock or not?

You may want to ask about this in the Droid X forum. Droid Pro users, with our lack of roms and lack of Gingerbread, may not have the specific answers you're looking for.

Ever since updating to gingerbread I've had an issue where when I would download an app itl start up normally and download, but when i go switch to internet and do some browsing or play a game ect it seems the market fcs in the background and starts the download again and at that point theres 2 downloads of the same app going both using up bandwidth sometimes it even gets up to 3-4 of the same app. The only real way In can get a download working normally is if I keep the screen on on the download page of the app and watch it download all the way which is extremely obnoxious to do for each app.

Anyone else having this problem or know a way to fix it?

What apps do you have installed? I could be wrong here, But, if you have multiple apps that make backups of your apps after flashing, they may be doing there thing and re downloading your apps. I know Titanium backup throws your apps back in after flashing. I'm not sure if rom manager does. And Google also makes backup of your apps and contacts and will throw them back in after flashing or resetting your phone.

If this is the case, you may want to set only one app to backup and reload your apps. But like I said, i could be wrong. Just trying to offer a possible course of action.....:D

Have you tried the market fixer that's flouting around? I know it's just for apps not showing up but you never know. But first take the market update out and let it throw it back in. it might have glitched on you for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom