• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Apps to sd ?

droidraf

How do i move my apps to sd on this phone ? cant seem to figure it out ..i tried damn near every app. Can i manually do it ?

Hello and welcome to AF, droidraf. :)

You can move part of the app to the SD card, but if you wish to fully move the entire app to the SD card than that would require rooting your device. :)

Hello and welcome to AF, droidraf. :)

You can move part of the app to the SD card, but if you wish to fully move the entire app to the SD card than that would require rooting your device. :)

My device is rooted. Is there an app i can download ?

Would you recommend moving them over to the sd card ? i have 3 gigs free space but i heard if you move them over it makes ur phone faster. True ?

My device is rooted. Is there an app i can download ?

Would you recommend moving them over to the sd card ? i have 3 gigs free space but i heard if you move them over it makes ur phone faster. True ?

That's mostly only if you have limited internal space, also depends on the processor too. Say perhaps you could have 16 gigs or maybe more internal storage, but only 512mb of ram. If it's corroded with apps, sometimes moving to sd won't necessarily speed the phone back up. It's mainly if you have apps that drain ram rather than space. Until you start getting space is getting low messages its not that big of a deal.

Sent From My HTC Evo 3D Using TapaTalk 2

Edit: what he said. I can't believe I didn't send my response from yesterday.

Link2SD is the program you're searching for. From personal experience I'd say that no, you should not wish to use THIS method to speed up your phone. It increased overall boot time for me, but when I had about 100mb for storage it was a life saver.

Moving select applications to the SD card will keep them from starting with your phone and on their own, keeping your phone freer overall. There should be an app for rooted devices that allows you to move any app to the SD card, with all the benefits and downsides associated with doing that normally (no widgets for you, wait after boot to access the app, etc).

Back
Top Bottom