• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Apps to show notifications?

pintsize85

Lurker
Mar 22, 2012
Ok, I just switched over from and Iphone and when I recived a notification when the phone was idle, it would light up and show a preview. On my MOTOROLA atrix 2, it just vibs and no preview shows (unless my phone is already open and is in use). Is there an app that I can get so a preview shows up?

I'm still not sure what app you're refferring to so I'm gonna guess its text messaging. I use Handcent instead of the stock msg app. It has a pop-up notification system that even allows a quick reply right from the popup. You'll find it in the android market Play Store.

There are a few apps that will work with your stock msg app to add popups as well. As for emails and everything else notifications are generally handled by the status bar, a pull down notification screen. If I'm not coming close to giving you an answer just be a little more detailed about how you'd like your phone to behave. If its been thought of, there's probably a way to do it with an Android phone. Like I said earlier, customization is one of the strengths of Android.

Upvote 0
I'm still not sure what app you're refferring to so I'm gonna guess its text messaging. I use Handcent instead of the stock msg app. It has a pop-up notification system that even allows a quick reply right from the popup. You'll find it in the android market Play Store.

There are a few apps that will work with your stock msg app to add popups as well. As for emails and everything else notifications are generally handled by the status bar, a pull down notification screen. If I'm not coming close to giving you an answer just be a little more detailed about how you'd like your phone to behave. If its been thought of, there's probably a way to do it with an Android phone. Like I said earlier, customization is one of the strengths of Android.

Great answer. I would like to add, from what i've heard, the iPhone had a popup box for everything that came in and would interrupt what every you was doing. On Android, there is no interruption, unless you set up your phone that way with a 3rd party app. You can set up different tones for each notification as well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones