• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help apps won't update (insufficient storage avaliable)

mikee286

I am getting an error where it says insuficiant storage available on my moto E when some apps try to update mainly facebook its only a 25MB file and I have 260MB free on my phone yet I still get this message. I have moved every app over to SD card that I can

have you tried clearing out sms browsing hist, call logs, pics media to free up space? apps your not using?

I have maybe 4 sms messages and 4 calls in my call log. Pics and media are on my sd card.

the issue is I have 250mb free and facebook takes up 25 or so and it says insufficient space

You don't have to update it or you can always go thru your browser to fb. The new update makes it to where you have to use messenger to read your messages.

You can set notifications via e-mail in the browser version of Facebook.

I think I found the space hogger. I have a gps program called Osmand and the maps got downloaded to the internal storage instead of the SD card so I moved those over now it says I have 850mb and facebook installed. I still don't understand why android demands that we have more than 10x the amount of storage that the app would take up just to install it, more than 250mb to install a 20mb app. Anything less than 250 seems to be considered insufficient space for anything for some reason

I really hope that the next version of android allows all app data to be stored on SD not just the little 20ish mb file but in the case of a game allow the whole 1gb or so of additional download to be stored on SD as well

Depends on the phone. Some phones don't support SD cards like the nexus. More and more of the new androids are coming with more internal storage. So that is a good plus.

I still prefer SD cards. I feel that I have more freedom to if I get a new phone like when I upgraded from the HTC Desire C to the Moto E, just move over the SD card with all my music and pics and videos to the new phone and they are just there. With a Moto G or nexus I would still have to sync all my music and videos again which is a lot more time consuming. So rather than having even a 64gb phone I'd rather have an 8gb phone and a 32 or 64gb sd card

Back
Top Bottom