• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Are you going to get the HTC M8 -Specs, carrier, discussion, and $$$DEALS$$$

^^^^
Was gonna mention this,but,I figured you were eyeing it anyway.;)
For the stock experience,the NEXUS 5 is the best bang-for-the buck,unless you're just a fan of the HTC hardware.
If that's the case,then holding out for the GPE version is the way to go,even though it'll take a bigger bite out of the wallet.

I do like the HTC hardware and more importantly hoping for a better camera experience. I had the Nexus when it launched and wasn't totally impressed so that the camera. I may still get the HTC on Tuesday if it is available for AT&T somehow, but want to know the Nexus will be here if I can't get it. I use a Moto X mostly now but want a little bigger and a little more power.

Upvote 0
HERE IS THE TRANSLATION FOR THE GERMAN VIDEO - Thanks to my German Fiancee!

Ok he starts off by saying this is the new HTC One, not the original, and that is what he is going to be talking about..says front camera is 5 megapixels, 5" display, Full HD, 32 or 64 gb models will be released (this one is 32) external up to 128 GB.... Snapdragon 801 processor...rear cameras -- One is 4.1MP, the other is 2MP. The 2 flashes help with color accuracy... Comes with the double tap screen feature to turn it on...you can also turn it on by swiping up the length of the screen...Using this feature you can control what app is started depending on the direction of the swipe.

2MP camera helps you with depth of field, The 2 MP camera is used to measure the distance of objects and assists in focusing, and allows you to refocus on specific objects...

Camera also does a "3D" effect... he was very specific that it was not a 3D camera, but looks cool.

The phone also has a super power saving mode that will shut down everything on the phone, but can allow you to get almost 15 hours out of 5% of battery life if the phone is not used

Overall summary: Phone is awesome and the snapdragon processor makes everything extremely smooth...Camera functions really well (he was impressed)

-Everyone thank my awesome Fiancee Yvonne for this translation! (She is the girl in my profile pic!)

Upvote 0
Hello everyone... new to the site!

I'm not very up-to-date on the phones like I used to be. Lucky for me, I have put off my upgrade with Verizon for over a week now trying to figure out what I was going to do as far as upgrade.

Saturday, I called to speak with Verizon about a bill situation and ended up talking about phones. My original thought was to go Droid Maxx because of the battery life. I have the Moto Razr and the battery will die in 4 hrs not being used. Not sure why but it gets drained while sitting on my desk at work. The app killer I have seems to not kill them.

The lady started telling me about the HTC One/One Max and the mentioned the M8 was coming out soon. When researching I came across the LG G2.

I know this is an M8 discussion and its a new phone so very little is known but....thoughts on how the M8 is to compare vs the others and if you have had the others...pros/coins would be great!

Upvote 0
Yup, I'm heading over to my Verizon store right after work tomorrow(or maybe take a long lunch), oh sh_t, guess lunch won't work, if it really won't be available until 1:00pm?? Oh well, after work will do.

I already bought a case/holster from Amazon for $6.99, instead of the usual $19.99 one from Verizon. Figured at that price it was worth taking a risk on. It should be fine :)

Upvote 0
Time to retire the 2 1/2 year old Rezound.

I have two phones on my plan, so, I have the discounted upgrade comes a around a little more often than once every two years, well, I guess it's twice every two years. But, depending on time, not necessarily one per year, I'm trying to get into a more annual rotation. But, I always get the newest one, and hand-me-down my current one to my girlfriend. But, at that rate, they're still pretty good hand-me-downs.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones