• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ask me anything about the Motorola DROID MAXX!

Question: Suddenly on websites with mobile views, when I go their it is going to desktop view. Is there some setting to change that in Chrome?
I've recently been having Wifi connection issues. I'll lose connection and when I open wifi settings all networks have disappeared! Wait a few minutes and networks re-appear and connection is re-established. My wife has the same phone and hers does it too but at different times than mine.

I haven't seen either of these things happen with my Maxx. I sometimes wish I had the first "problem" - I usually prefer desktop sites anyway.

Hopefully somebody will have an answer...

Upvote 0
Our Droid Maxx have the ability to project what is on the screen. I think it is called Miracast technology. You can activate it by going to Settings, Display, Wireless. ScreenBeam is a device that connects to the TV HDMI. When you activate the Wireless on your phone, it finds the ScreenBeam wirelessly. Until I get home, I can't tell you whether it was using my own wireless network router or communication directly with the ScreenBeam. Droid Maxx does not have a spot for a microHDMI like my old Droid Bionic did, but it can send it wirelessly. Could you just get a router for this purpose, as I'm positive you don't need to be connected to the Internet? Any windows 8 machine can also project using the ScreenBeam.

Upvote 0
I just got my Droid Maxx today & I'd like advice on a case. I'll buy a no-name from eBay, as long as it's cheap in price but durable in quality. So, two questions...

1. Are ALL Droid Maxx cases compatible with each other (ex: Maxx, Razr Maxx, Razr Maxx HD)? Because my phone is just a plain Motorola Droid Maxx, no Razr or HD or Ultra or anything else. I don't want to end up buying the wrong thing online.
  2. I want either a wallet-style (with slots for at least 2 cards, I don't need it to carry cash), or something like this, which I had on my old LG Lucid and LOVED for it's extraordinarily durable, won't-lose-your-grip textured, true rubber-like outer case (seriously, you could twist the outer case in half).
This online community has helped me greatly in the past with previous phones, thus I thank you greatly in advance. :thumbsupdroid:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No, a case for any Razr Maxx phone will not work. You need a case for the Droid Maxx or the Droid Ultra, which was the same size.

I never saw a wallet style case for the Maxx - the lack of accessories was a disappointment with this phone.
I'd suggest searching for "XT1080 case", either on amazon or eBay, and see what you can find. That's the model number of the Maxx and ultra and I recall it was a great way to differentiate cases for the Droid Maxx from the Droid Razr MAXX models.

Reactions: ChaunceyK
Upvote 0
Thank you for the model number, that helps alot. For the benefit of those who are also looking for similar cases, I decided to pass on the wallet style (too hard to find and a bit pricier than I'd hoped). Here is a link to what I bought.

As I did with my last phone 2 years ago, I will write a review of the case once I receive it, along with a follow up a month or two later on how well it's holding up.

Upvote 0
On a cruise right now and have two questions. 1) in airplane mode, why does it sometimes show my location in Mapa and sometimes it doesn't? I want to see my location all the time 2) frequently taking pictures of a person with a bright background behind them. Their face is always dark. The old photography trick of turning on flash isn't working. Any other ways to get better lighting on a face with a scenic background?

Upvote 0
1. Just a guess, but the maps app cached the map for the location you are at when you're in airplane mode. Airplane mode doesn't turn off gps, just cellular, wifi and Bluetooth radios. So, the gps can locate you, and the location is cached in the map app's data.

2. The flash on the phone is a toy. However, you can turn on manual exposure, drag the control over the subject's face, and manually adjust the exposure to get the face lit the way that you want. The background may look overexposed, though.

Upvote 0
As per my official DROID MAXX review on Phandroid.com, anyone curious about anything in regards to the DROID MAXX can ask here, and their question shall be answered. Don't be shy!

My Droid Maxx has a problem. When I receive a call, the caller cannot hear me. I hear them just fine. When I engage the "speaker" they say they can "just barely" hear me....like I way off in the distance. After speaking for two hours with Verizon wireless customer service...and my phone being reset to factory specs...it is still "not working". Any suggestions?

Upvote 0
My Droid Maxx has a problem. When I receive a call, the caller cannot hear me. I hear them just fine. When I engage the "speaker" they say they can "just barely" hear me....like I way off in the distance. After speaking for two hours with Verizon wireless customer service...and my phone being reset to factory specs...it is still "not working". Any suggestions?
If a factory reset didn't solve it, I hate to say it, but it sounds like a hardware problem - the microphone has failed.

Time for either a warranty replacement or a new phone?

Reactions: Thom
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones