• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Asus TF300 Boot problem ( 4.2 Jelly Bean )

Hi , I Have Asus TF300 tablet, it was getting really slow and had some performance issues. It's also running on Android 4.2. Recently I tried to open up the app I recently downloaded ( dropbox ) and my tablet froze , I had to do a reset by holding the power key , after doing so it tried to boot but every time before bringing the home screen it would loop back to the boot screen again. So I went to do the hard reset, pressing the Power button and lower volume key, and it brought a RCK, Android and Wipe Data option. When I use the RCK , which I believe it's recovery it either goes to reboot screen having the same loop problem or brings the android guy with message "ERROR" , so I thought that wont work. Tried the android option ! , again didn't work , having the same problem. I tried the Erase Data option and this time worked and i could reload the tablet. :)
Now my question is , why the RCK doesn't work ? and what is it really for ? and is the Android option simply a restart without erasing any of the app and data ? so the only actual data factory reset is the Erase data option ? Also, I had much data being backed up in google account. So when I setuped the tablet again , I could restore it back mostly, at the setup it also asked to enter if I have other accounts, ( I had Yahoo, Hotmail , AOL emails all linked ) but didn't enter them during setup. did I need to enter them again so it could pull up my emails or this had nothing to do with the email app ? because I had setup all my other none Google emails all again to get them working.
Thanks
Thanks alot

Okay your talking about a device that is running on Android jellybean 4.2, the current Android O.S is 9.0 Android Pie.
There are two things you can do, the first and simplest is purchase a new device (if you can afford it)
Or you can attempt to install some costume rom.
Bottom line is eventually you are going to have to replace the device, eventually it won't be compatible with any software and mainly wear and tear

Back
Top Bottom