• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

AT&T 8 on T-Mobile phone plan?

Yes, but some people have been able to put some phones on tablet plans and vice versa. The Nexus 4 works on AT&T tablet plans, the Nexus 7 doesn't work on the T-Mobile $30 plan, the international Note 1 works on AT&T tablet plans (see xda for all those),... My AT&T Note 1 isn't recognized as such on my T-Mobile $30 plan, it shows up as a blank device. It might work on T-Mobile's tablet plans but those aren't as good a deal as the $30 phone plan, data-wise, so I haven't bothered to try even though I have a T-Mobile tablet (won't work on my $30 plan, but I wonder if it will on the $70 unlimited). :D

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
Yes, but some people have been able to put some phones on tablet plans and vice versa. The Nexus 4 works on AT&T tablet plans, the Nexus 7 doesn't work on the T-Mobile $30 plan, the international Note 1 works on AT&T tablet plans (see xda for all those),... My AT&T Note 1 isn't recognized as such on my T-Mobile $30 plan, it shows up as a blank device. It might work on T-Mobile's tablet plans but those aren't as good a deal as the $30 phone plan, data-wise, so I haven't bothered to try even though I have a T-Mobile tablet (won't work on my $30 plan, but I wonder if it will on the $70 unlimited). :D

Wow, I didn't even realize that was possible. Good to know.

Upvote 0
I'm guessing for those who have multiple devices on a carrier,they can add-a-device at some sort of discount & utilize WI-FI for most situations & have a minimal data plan to fill in the gaps.

IMHO,if one is eligible for a corporate/employee discount,this (a 2nd/3rd,etc.. phone/data plan) would be a better overall bargain vs a data only/tablet plan on a phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones