• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root AT&T APN Settings - Huawei Fusion 2

shagerty

Feb 3, 2013
California
Here are the AT&T 3G APN network settings for our phone.​

Name: Cingular 410
APN: wap.cingular
Proxy: Blank
Port: Blank
Username: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
Password: CINGULAR1
Server: cingulargprs.com
MMSC: http://mms.cingular.com
MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
MMS Port: Blank
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
Authentication type: Blank
APN Type: default,supl,mms
APN protocol: leave as is
Bearer: leave as is

If you need another networks APN settings just let me know and I'll add it!​

T-Mobile
Name: epc.tmobile.com
APN: epc.tmobile.com
Proxy: <not set>
Port: <not set>
Username: <not set>
Password: <not set>
Server: <not set>
MMSC: <not set>
MMS Proxy: <not set>
MMS Port: <not set>
MNC: 260
IP Version: IPv4
Authentication type: <not set>
APN Type: default

T-Mobile
MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
APN Type: mms

They probably can be combined but these were the 2 entries created when I put it in with my T-Mobile SIM

Upvote 0
T-Mobile
MMSC: <not set>
APN Type: default

T-Mobile
MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
APN Type: mms

They probably can be combined but these were the 2 entries created when I put it in with my T-Mobile SIM

Wait, so you were able to use a T-Mobile sim card?

Reactions: al tunez
Upvote 0
Wait, so you were able to use a T-Mobile sim card?
I sim unlocked my Fusion 2.
T-Mobile has refarmed their unused 1900 MHz space (which is what AT&T uses) so that you can use 3G off it. Only thing that sucks is that T-Mobile's 1900 is slower than T-Mobile's 1700 (makes sense, TMO''s 1700 network more built up than the 1900).

As far as Edge and Voice goes, TMO and AT&T both use the 850 MHz band. They only share towers in regions where they have agreements in place and out in the middle of nowhere, but for the most part AT&T and TMO use their own.

Upvote 0
[HIGH]Name: ATT WAP
APN: wap.cingular
Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
Port: 80
Username:
Password:
Server:
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
MMS Port: 80
MNC: 410
Authentication type: Blank
APN Type: default,mms,supl[/HIGH]These are the settings if you have a gophone with no data plan. I've entered these into a new APN but I still can't send pics via text. I can access the internet. I was able to with the stock rom.

EDIT: After rebooting 2 or 3 times it seems to have fixed itself. MMS is working as before, so all is working fine now with this APN.

Reactions: teddyracer1
Upvote 0
I have successfully rooted my phone with the instructions provided at the top of the forum. SuperU running just fine. I however cannot edit my APN settings. (Mobile Settings in the Wireless & Network Settings section is grayed out) Does anyone know how I can edit my APN settings? I already know the APN information I need for straight talk services.

Upvote 0
Even though I found my first problem. I still am having trouble saving my APN settings. (Even though I hit save, the settings don't get saved and I see no listed APNs). I have tried saving the data, discarding, and even locking the phone with the top left button in order to pull the APNs back up. I had this issue before I rooted the phone but I thought this was because the phone was SIM network locked and required a password from AT&T

Upvote 0
I had an issue where I was unable to enter my apn settings in.

A factory reset set me straight.

If that does not work, and/or you want to try something different, you can try apn backup and restore(if you're on stock, or cm7.2 ROM).

I can give you my apn backup, and you can use that app to restore them.

You can send me a private message here, or on Fusion2.org, and let me know.

Upvote 0
Wanted to contribute what I could, even though I didn't actually do anything except find an app that helped me out
tongue.gif

I use Mint14, so Radiance's guide to root and CWM paved the way to ZeRoseDev's guide to CM7.2 and her overclock Kernel.

After doing this stuff my Fusion2 was officially awesome!

Only problem I could find is that I couldn't get my APN right for some reason, which I think contributed to the inability to send pictures over text. I tried "APN Backup and Restore" but no dice.

An app called "Tweakker APN INTERNET MMS" did the trick. I use AT&T GoPhone in the Southern US fyi, and it found the right info with one click! Easy. At first I thought it looked just like the common "wap.cingular" settings, but no it even added a password?

Anywayz...I feel cheesy cuz I didn't actually figure anything useful out, but now I can send pics in my texts again so thats cool.
cool.gif

Reactions: ZeRoseDev
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones