• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help AT&T LTE problem on new Skyrocket devices...

On certain locations here in Queens, NY i get no 4g service while my Iphone gets service and works. I dont know if it needs a software update or the phone it self is defective. Just last night trying wishing my family and friends Happy New Year couldnt cause of this damn phone. If anyone can help. Thanks

On certain locations here in Queens, NY i get no 4g service while my Iphone gets service and works. I dont know if it needs a software update or the phone it self is defective. Just last night trying wishing my family and friends Happy New Year couldnt cause of this damn phone. If anyone can help. Thanks

Has your phone been provisioned for an lte plan?

Seems like the network is fast enough, but something is definitely not right with his Skyrocket.

Thoughts?

X[/QUOTE]

My thoughts, read the bottom of the article. SIM card issues, he wasn't even on LTE network for the test in the article.

LTE seems totally fine in Phoenix
Yesterday afternoon at 3pm
22.41 Down, 11.08 Up, 78ms ping

Lte available or not....if the phone has an older sim and is not on the right plan the user will have connectivity issues

Lte available or not....if the phone has an older sim and is not on the right plan the user will have connectivity issues

So let me get this straight.....if im using my old iphone 3G simcard in my LG Thrill, im not getting hspa+ speeds?

So let me get this straight.....if im using my old iphone 3G simcard in my LG Thrill, im not getting hspa+ speeds?

Jay this applies to lte devices only...the new pta apn does not play nicely with older plans/Sims

The problem that exists is that many bought the phone and retailer just swapped the sim and imie with no plan change ie from unlimited to lte unlimited which results in a ton of connectivity issues

Jay this applies to lte devices only...the new pta apn does not play nicely with older plans/Sims

The problem that exists is that many bought the phone and retailer just swapped the sim and imie with no plan change ie from unlimited to lte unlimited which results in a ton of connectivity issues

So I'm good with my old sim?

Until you get a new lte phone you should be fine.

Are you having data issues?

My Thrill rarely reaches 3 mbps during afternoon hours. I'll get lucky and hit 7 mbps in the early a.m. time frame. (3-5 am). Tried on my old captivate and it's the same.

My Thrill rarely reaches 3 mbps during afternoon hours. I'll get lucky and hit 7 mbps in the early a.m. time frame. (3-5 am). Tried on my old captivate and it's the same.

Yup...perfectly normal

That is exactly what I got on my thrill and infuse

Back
Top Bottom