• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Atrix release at Best Buy Feb 14?

That's funny, I don't remember Engadget saying anything about the Atrix on the 14th from Best buy, only the Xoom on the 24th. Agreed that it would be nice to see it earlier though. At this point the only way I'm buying in is I know we can root. I still probably won't unless the bootloader can be unlocked though.

Reactions: tylerdurdin
Upvote 0
Yep I read some other articles and your right it was the Thunderbolt not the Atrix. Is it really possible for the Atrix to get released on Feb 14th?

From what I heard, March 6th for the Atrix! I think at&t is doing a pre-order the last week of Feb to gear up for the launch. You would think they would release it right on the heels of the vzw iPhone and HTC Thunderbolt? Not the case, I would think its to give the HTC inspire some time to sell. But dumb move on at&t's part if you ask me to wait until March.

Upvote 0
Best Buy Valentine's gift: Motorola Xoom, Atrix 4G.

Hey guys I just came across this page, looks like Best Buy really is going
to get it first on the 14 :).
"
Buzz u[COLOR=#9A0003 ! important][FONT=inherit ! important][COLOR=#9A0003 ! important][FONT=inherit ! important]Technology [/FONT][COLOR=#9A0003 ! important][FONT=inherit ! important]blog[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] Engadget, citing one of the official Facbook pages of Best Buy, reported that Motorola Xoom will be available on Feb 24 and the 'World's Most Powerful Smartphone' Motorola Atrix 4G will hit on Feb 14, Valentine's Day."

Here's the link if you wanna read the rest of info.

Motorola Xoom Release | Best Buy Price | Motorola Atrix 4G | Specs Launch Review - Oneindia News

Upvote 0
It's not the Atrix!!!

Feb14th- Thunderbolt
Feb24th- xoom

Dont ya just love Rumors!

Check this out, here's the link
Update: Best Buy Thunderbolt, Xoom Release Dates Posted 'In Error' | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

Best Buy on Friday said its Grand Rapids, Mich. store mistakenly posted release date information about the HTC Thunderbolt and the Motorola Xoom on its Facebook page.
"The info from the Grand Rapids store was posted in error, as the details included are not yet finalized," Best Buy said in a statement. "We will share updated and accurate information when we have it."
The post has since been deleted.
On Thursday evening, the Michigan store added a message to its Facebook page (click below for larger image) that said the retailer will start selling the HTC Thunderbolt from Verizon on February 14 and the Motorola Xoom tablet starting February 24.

Upvote 0
Check this out, here's the link.

This is why I believe the Atrix is still coming out the 14. They may have mixed the dates up for the Thunderbolt and Xoom. Saying that the thunderbolt is coming out the 14, when it could be the atrix. But we shall see, keeping my fingers crossed, that the Atrix does come out the 14

Update: Best Buy Thunderbolt, Xoom Release Dates Posted 'In Error' | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

Best Buy on Friday said its Grand Rapids, Mich. store mistakenly posted release date information about the HTC Thunderbolt and the Motorola Xoom on its Facebook page.
"The info from the Grand Rapids store was posted in error, as the details included are not yet finalized," Best Buy said in a statement. "We will share updated and accurate information when we have it."
The post has since been deleted.
On Thursday evening, the Michigan store added a message to its Facebook page (click below for larger image) that said the retailer will start selling the HTC Thunderbolt from Verizon on February 14 and the Motorola Xoom tablet starting February 24.

Upvote 0
Well if the 6th is when the AT&T stores get the phone, then BB should be getting it before that. Multiple people on here, and a BB employee that I know, have said that BB gets the phone first. But it's possible the 6th is when it's first available.

Not to mention, there still isn't anything official from AT&T, so who knows what's going to happen.

Upvote 0
I worked for BBY for about 6 years up until about 6 years ago. If they are looking up the product how I think they are, the date they are seeing could be the date it's scheduled to hit the warehouse.

I've seen that before where the system will show an available date, but they would hold it at the warehouse for a couple of weeks and we wouldn't actually have it in stock at the store until a few days before. They did this a lot with console game systems such as the PS2 and Xbox.

I don't want to burst anyone's bubble, but I wouldn't expect that it will drop in stores on the 14th. BBY may very well get it before AT&T, but that doesn't mean that they'll actually be selling it before AT&T. If you are worried about that happening, why not just wait and pre-order on the 14th? I could be wrong, but I doubt it will sell out completely in 24 hours.

Upvote 0
Im afraid to pre-order on the 13th and then have it come in stock at Best Buy the next day(14th) and be stuck waiting til late February for my pre-order to come in. When the heck will we know when freaking Best Buy will carry this phone????? :thinking:

When you pre-order you get a gift card for the amount of the deposit and all it does is reserve you a spot on a list for the first units that come in. There is not one shipped just for you......

Upvote 0
Everyone can take it for what it's worth because I have no "evidence" but I just called my local Best Buy and the mobile employee looked it up in his computer saying they would have it in stock on Feb 13. He also said his store was only going to have 3 but as I was the first person who's even called about it I shouldn't worry too much about not being able to get it. He also said they weren't doing a pre-order so first come first serve (for Best Buy)

Again, just what I heard tonight; take it or leave it. :) Hopefully someone else can corroborate my story by also calling best buy :)

Reactions: pixar
Upvote 0
Everyone can take it for what it's worth because I have no "evidence" but I just called my local Best Buy and the mobile employee looked it up in his computer saying they would have it in stock on Feb 13. He also said his store was only going to have 3 but as I was the first person who's even called about it I shouldn't worry too much about not being able to get it. He also said they weren't doing a pre-order so first come first serve (for Best Buy)

Again, just what I heard tonight; take it or leave it. :) Hopefully someone else can corroborate my story by also calling best buy :)

I called and they don't even have the Atrix in their system.

Upvote 0
Hopefully someone else can corroborate my story by also calling best buy :)

I called also and they don't show in the system yet, he said it could be 'hidden' but that is only normally done with iphones.

He told me to check back on Saturday, if it's not in the system by then it's most likely not going to be available on Sunday.

Who knows maybe my guy wasn't completely honest with me?

Upvote 0
I called also and they don't show in the system yet, he said it could be 'hidden' but that is only normally done with iphones.

He told me to check back on Saturday, if it's not in the system by then it's most likely not going to be available on Sunday.

Who knows maybe my guy wasn't completely honest with me?

It's possible the guy I talked to was bs, but I heard him typing and he repeated it back to me that it was the motorola atrix 4g. I guess we'll find out soon.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones