• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Atrix release at Best Buy Feb 14?

bby would have to make one hell of an offer to att for them to cripple their online and b&m sales. unless your saying att will have it also at the same time, which again would be highly unlikely without any marketing.

Doesn't really cripple them because AT&T is making most of their money on the service.

Walmart(letstalk.com) is selling Samsung Captivate and HTC Inspire (just to name a few)for less than what the AT&T stores are selling them. They are already subsidizing about $400 for a two year contract. So another $50 or whatever from it being sold elsewhere is still worth it to take that small extra hit. Don't worry, Cellular service companies are still making plenty of money.:)

Don't worry, Cellular service companies are still making plenty of money.:)

no doubt, but for this scenario to be correcct that means come monday att, bby, costco, etc will all sell the atrix 4g.

1. highly unlikely without any press release or marketing becuase lower initial sales.

2. higly unlikely beacause of no "pre-order" sales. that's a cash cow for att and generates hype. i realize the big money is in the contract, but instead of selling wholesale units and commission percentage to 3rd party retailers, they get all of the profit from consumer purchase and keep the commission for themselves. there's still a ton of money in the initial phone sale, and att isn't simply going to overlook that. for highly sought after and hyped tech, the model is the same as iphone=limit sales to inhouse (or to big box retailers that you have an agr$$ment with), until you've peaked your market reach. then open it up to third party, or don't...ever

Everyone can take it for what it's worth because I have no "evidence" but I just called my local Best Buy and the mobile employee looked it up in his computer saying they would have it in stock on Feb 13. He also said his store was only going to have 3 but as I was the first person who's even called about it I shouldn't worry too much about not being able to get it. He also said they weren't doing a pre-order so first come first serve (for Best Buy)

Again, just what I heard tonight; take it or leave it. :-) Hopefully someone else can corroborate my story by also calling best buy :-)

I'm calling one near me now ... will report back

EDIT - No dice, haven't got word of it yet and people have been inquiring about it.

EDIT Again - But they will have the Inspire 4G on Sunday. He wouldn't tell me how many he had but he said he was looking at the boxes now ... tempting but I think I'll hold out for the Atrix.

EDIT Again x2 - I'm gonna go ahead and pick up the Inspire Sunday and test drive it for 30 days until the Atrix comes out. I need something new to play with.

I'm calling one near me now ... will report back

Nice, applaud your effort! Can't wait to get my ATRIX!!!!

edit. Just called my local best buy the y put me on hold to check......they came back and said pre-sales start on Sunday.

I have not seen any advertisements for the atrix. I have seen reviews and the ATT page but that is it. I have not received any e-mails about it either.

So it looks like the consensus is no consensus. It's starting to look like I was had. I'll be there Sunday to check myself and report back.

Nice, applaud your effort! Can't wait to get my ATRIX!!!!

edit. Just called my local best buy the y put me on hold to check......they came back and said pre-sales start on Sunday.

For those that got a confirmation from best buy that they will have the Atrix in store on Sunday, can you go and check if that's true and report back?

Would the Atrix presale at best buy might be at selective locations only?

I call BS I went by Best Buy on lunch today, they looked at me glassy eyed when I mentioned the Atrix, went and got a manager and he said "Oh yea we had a Motorola guy in here a few days ago to show it off, it's really cool, but there's no hard release date that we've heard." I said you know ATT starts pre-sales on Sunday right? Are you guys doing that too? Again he says I got no hard release date....
NICE
Wish we could get a straight answer from someone.

So I signed up for e-mail alerts on AT&T's Atrix page after it was announced. How come they haven't sent out any e-mails about the pre-order? What the heck is going on with their marketing department?

EDIT Again x2 - I'm gonna go ahead and pick up the Inspire Sunday and test drive it for 30 days until the Atrix comes out. I need something new to play with.

I am going this route as well. I am so sick of my Captivate and how sluggish it is and how my battery lasts about 6 hours. I need something that will get me through a typical day and not lag.

I am still getting the Atrix as soon as it comes out. I will keep the Captivate in case the Atrix is delayed I can still return the Inspire within the 30 day period.

Good plan man.

no doubt, but for this scenario to be correcct that means come monday att, bby, costco, etc will all sell the atrix 4g.

1. highly unlikely without any press release or marketing becuase lower initial sales.

2. higly unlikely beacause of no "pre-order" sales. that's a cash cow for att and generates hype. i realize the big money is in the contract, but instead of selling wholesale units and commission percentage to 3rd party retailers, they get all of the profit from consumer purchase and keep the commission for themselves. there's still a ton of money in the initial phone sale, and att isn't simply going to overlook that. for highly sought after and hyped tech, the model is the same as iphone=limit sales to inhouse (or to big box retailers that you have an agr$$ment with), until you've peaked your market reach. then open it up to third party, or don't...ever

I agree. I would be amazed if they were in on Monday for sale. I was referring in general where they can still get them a little earlier and a little cheaper than AT&T stores/online.

I used to work at BB and contacted one of my friends in the mobile department. He said the Atrix is still not in their system as of last night but they do get another truck tonight. Said it could be in there as a surprise. But as of now he doesnt know anything about pre-ordering it tomorrow.

Talked to my local BB, and they said they have no information on the Atrix. Also went to my local ATT and asked about pre-sale...again, they acted as if they did not have a clue.

Stopped by my local BB today and asked about both the Inspire and the Atrix. Inspire going on sale tomorrow morning, would not sell it today. Asked about the Atrix and the guy said he knows it is coming but has heard nothing about when. I then asked him which phone he would get and he told me the Thuderbolt. I said thats great but since I am on AT&T that doesn't help me. He said he was on AT&T as well. I said OK, which phone would you get if you were getting a new phone on AT&T? (Where do they get these people?).

He said he hated Motorola phones but it is just a personal prefrence and he would go with the Inspire.

Still going to get the Inspire tomorrow and return it for the Atrix when it comes out.

Nope, stopped in today to return the Inspire I picked up yesterday. Still nothing even in their system with a SKU for the Atrix.

Nope, stopped in today to return the Inspire I picked up yesterday. Still nothing even in their system with a SKU for the Atrix.

Did you not like the inspire at all? I am still playing with it a bit since I have 30 days. :)

Did you not like the inspire at all? I am still playing with it a bit since I have 30 days. :)

Didnt even open it. Did a stupid move and used the upgrade on that phone because I thought the $99 was a great deal. Then I thought it over and realized I wanted to use the upgrade on the Atrix when it came out instead.

Didnt even open it. Did a stupid move and used the upgrade on that phone because I thought the $99 was a great deal. Then I thought it over and realized I wanted to use the upgrade on the Atrix when it came out instead.

So did you just return the phone? That should re-qualify you for an upgrade to the Atrix.

Anyone still holding out that the Atrix could end up somewhere for $149.99?

Costco is reportedly getting the phone and will be selling it for $149.99. Also heard some reports about that price and Amazon.

I am going to get mine at BB. I am a Silver Premier member (which lately doesn't mean much). I called and asked if I got an early jump on Atrix and Xoom and no one could tell me anything.

$199.99 through BB with a 2 year renew isn't bad at all for what this device does. I thought I saw some posts on here that people were getting it for $168 or something like that.

I just posted on the other thread. I just returned from the ATT store on my lunch break and I was only charged $99.99 + 5.10 tax. As I mentioned, I have been a LONG time ATT customer (originally cingular) and I have some sort of corporate discount.

Just a heads up.

Back
Top Bottom