• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

auto dimming bug?

swy05

Newbie
Great phone but, it appears to be a bug with the screen dimming.

Regarding settings, I have everything turned off. Adapt display is off. Auto-brightness is off. Auto-adjust screen tone is off also.

I know Samsung displays dim if the phone overheats but my phone will auto-dim even if the phone is cool.

What I've found out is that the phone will only dim "permanently" when the screen is about to shut off.

For example: Set the screen shut off to 30 seconds and around the 28 second mark, the screen will dim for a couple of seconds before it shuts off. This is where the auto-dimming will "permanently" kick in. When the screen dims at the 28 second mark for a second, i'll touch the screen so it doesn't shut off. But by this time, the screen has dimmed already and won't go back to the regular brightness. I have to lock and unlock the phone for the dimmed screen to go away.

This scenario has happened every single time. Extremely annoying.

Anyone else experience this?
 
My at&t note 3 does same thing. Yesterday I was setting up the Corp email and the screen would dim then brighten by itself while I was downloading inbox mail. It seemed to only do it in the mail app.

I didn't like it.
 
Maybe you could try Stay Alive! app by SyNetDev and see if that helps? It keeps my phone from autodimming and has customizable settings with annoying no on-screen widgets. It just sits in my notification area so I can toggle my choice of on or off, etc. One of my favorite apps for my Note 3 since I use it as a desk clock at work in a dock.
 
Back
Top Bottom