• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Awesome Beats

Any bugs?

Not really. It kinda slows up your phone. But I think its busy box that does it. and after you get it all setup, restart your phone and it goes back to normal.

It works nice though. :D Sound is good and has a option for deep bass.

I'm always listening to music on my phone. And I could tell a noticeable difference. Kinda trippy. Lol.

Upvote 0
Hey Frank what Rom are u using....I'm on stock B09 but when I do this install I get the awesome beats app equalizer that's all I noticed and didn't seem to change when I adjusted equalizer.......might have done something wrong not sure

Sent from my N861 using Tapatalk 2

Did u install busy box and terminal emulator? And you need to be rooted. I'm using stock b09 rooted with cwm.

Flash the zip in cwm. And then go to terminal, and type "su" and the hit enter. Then type "awesome" hit enter again. It should activate it then. But you have to have your root set as r w. You can set it to r w with a root file explorer. I used es file explorer. Let me know if you run into any issues

Upvote 0
OK. So Awesome beats was a little confusing. To install, to explain how to install. And the results were not really noticeable.
Good news for you avid music listeners, PUREXAUDIO LITE. from xda. Huge difference in audio sound. And its loud as hell!!.
Here is the link
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2305483
I take no credit, and am not responsible for you bricking your phone or busting your headphones, ear drums or anything. I'm just providing a link.

Tested and works on the sequent b09 rooted. by me B-)
Just flash in cwm. Reboot. That's it. Enjoy

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones