• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Baseband Question

jd34376

Newbie
I sbf'ed the new 602 sbf file yesterday and was about to flash Shuji. Just before I did I checked my baseband and noticed I'm on .07. I'm on stock .602, why wouldn't it have the newest radio?

What's the easiest way to update it? All the update zips say I need to be on .340.
 
i think the radio trooper has is for the cm7 version, you may want to flash apex and get the baseband that way... just a thought
 
Yeah that is the one designed for Froyo... the SBF should have upgraded your radio... I SBF'd back to .340 the other day and took the OTA and it upgraded my radio... although if you OTA now I think you will go to .605 and not .602. .602 is the latest SBF we have.
 
Strange. I used that file in the past (on GB) and it worked for me. Dunno what to tell you guys.

Personally, I would sbf and then to clear data and cache in cwr. You should be good to go.

I've flashed the .602 numerous times and am currently running it, and, Im on .13.
 
Just to be clear, I shouldn't have to mount system or anything, right? Just go into clockwork and choose the zip?

I flashed CM7 GB this morning and am still on .07 radio, I'm about to trying flashing it again. Should I even worry about it? Much improvement?
 
Just tried again and got the following:

assert failed: motorola.update_cdma_bp("/tmp/rdl.bin", "tmp/bp.img")
E:Error in /sdcard/download/1.09.13P_baseband_updater.zip
(Status 7)

The only other time I've gotten the Status 7 error was when I was flashing some zip on MIUI and it worked after I mounted the system first. Will I do serious damage if I try the same thing with this?
 
I doubt it, but I hadn't had any trouble flashing other things. Phone is mid-sbf right now so I can't be sure. Thanks for the help guys, I figured doing a clean sbf to CM7 would be best thing to do as I was having a problem with my sync icon as well.
 
well if you were upgrading your d2bootstrapper (if you bought it from the market) then thats where the problem is. the new version does not work well throws out alot of errors.

but im under the impression the updated market only works for froyo based kernels anyway.
 
Update: I sbf'd to 340, flashed the baseband update, then sbf'd the 602 file and it worked. If anyone has similar problems, this definitely works, although there might be a quicker fix.
 
Back
Top Bottom